eight.

Carina's POV

I walk out of the laboring mom's room who is alone because of covid protocols. "I'm leaving this one with you, should be an easy birth, page me if you need anything," I hand the charts over to Jo who walks with me to the nurse's station. 

"Are you sure?" Jo asks, breaking the silence. 

"Dr. Wilson, you are ready, go help birth a baby," I watch her run away in excitement making a smile form across my face. I look down at my buzzing phone in my jacket pocket.

M<3

M- I miss you

A smile forms across my face as I see who is texting me. With our covid schedules, it's hard to see one another as we spend a lot of our time at the hospital or the station. 

C- I miss you too

C- Want to have lunch?

I look at the time realizing I would usually be having lunch around now. 

M-I'll meet you in your car, I'll bring sandwiches.

C- See you soon

I put my phone back in my pocket as I make my way to my office to put down some paper that needs to be filed. I quickly grab my keys and head downstairs as quickly as I can. I head out to the parking lot spotting Maya sitting on the hood of my car in her uniform. 

"Hi captain," I smile as I wrap my arms around her waist. 

"Oh, Dr. Deluca," her smile makes its way to mine as we kiss. I put my legs between the girls sitting on the hood of my car. 

"I'm so hungry," I say softly as I look behind her at the food. 

"Me too," Maya smiles sending me a message she isn't talking about food. 

"Get in the car," I laugh as she loosens her grip from around my waist. The two of us get in the car taking our sandwiches. "Jo is delivering her first baby today, you should've seen how happy she was," I smile as I take a bite of my food. "how are things at the station?" I ask as I grab Maya's drink from her lap. 

"Everything at the station is fine," Maya pauses as she reaches for her drink. "I do need to talk to you about something," 

Maya's POV

"Why would you- You do realize that it's our home and most couples would talk to their other before saying someone can move in," Carina raises her voice as I take a sip of my drink. 

"I know, I'm sorry, but I felt bad and that she is staying at the station and I thought you would be okay with it," I look over at her putting her trash in a bag. 

"I am okay with it, but you need to talk to me about these things," Carina puts her hand on my cheek. "Tell Andy I'll see her later tonight and I will be home early tonight," she leans over to me, sharing a passionate kiss between the two of us. 

"Thank you," I say softly as we open the car doors. 

"I love you," she responses back before fixing her white coat. 

"Pink looks good on you," I walk over placing my hands on her hips as she pushing me softly onto the hood of her black car. 

"Wear this home and I might be calling you 'captain' all night," I feel my cheeks start to heat up as she leans down to kiss my lips sending shivers down my body. I watch as she walks away putting her mask over her face and a face shield over the top of it. 

After a long day at the station, Andy and I get in my car as we make our way home. "Did you talk to Carina?" Andy breaks the silence as we pull into the parking lot outside of the apartment building. 

"She doesn't care that you are moving in, she mad at me for not talking to her first," I pop the trunk for Andy to grab her back from the trunk. 

"Fair enough,"

Carina's POV

I wait in the kitchen with a fully cooked meal for the three of us. Soon enough the door opens and Maya and Andy appear from the front door. "I have food for the both of you," I walk over to Andy hugging her. "It's so good to see you," I smile. 

"You too, but I'm hungry so," Andy walks away from Maya and me towards the kitchen to dig into the pasta.

"Hi," I say softly as Maya wraps her arms around my waist. 

"Hi," She says back, the two of us share a passionate kiss before I head back to the kitchen. 

"How was work?" I ask Andy, we sit down at the table together. 

"Great, minus the fact that I have to see my kind of ex-husband every day," I feel Maya's eyes resting on me as we eat. 

"Well, I let Jo Wilson deliver a baby today and the joy she had when she did that was unbelievable," I try and lighten the mood. 

"Will I be staying in my old room?" Andy asks as she finished up her food, placing the plate into the sink. 

"Yeah," Maya says softly before Andy walks into the other room. 

I look across the table to Maya who has cleared her plate. "Jeez, you firefighters eat a lot," the two of us laugh before we head to the kitchen to do the dishes together. 

"Maya stop!" I yell as she takes the sprayer and shoots me with cold water. "Maya!" I yell as I attempt to take it from her hand. "Stop!" Maya laughs back as she continues to spray me. 

"Is everything okay in here-," the two of us turn to face Andy with our shirts sticking to our body. 

"Yup everything fine," I smile as I take the chance to take the sprayer from her hand, spraying water in Maya's face. 

"I'm so happy my room is across the apartment from yours," I hear Andy say under her breath before walking back to her room. Maya takes her time and wraps her hands around me and the water spraying the two of us as we fight over it. 

"Truce, Truce!" Maya yells as she covers the sprayer with her hand and the other around my waist. "Truce," I turn off the water and look around the kitchen at the puddles of water on the floor. 

"Look what you did!" I yell playfully as our two wet bodies cling to one another. 

"Oh, what I did?" Maya yells back, "You are the one that flicked water at me, that is a call for war." I roll my eyes as I separate our bodies. 

"You are helping me clean this up."

A/N: I'm sorry I've been inactive, but happy new year, I should be back to posting regularly soon!

Socials:

Instagram/Twitter: MoreStefanielle

TikTok:  MoreStefanielle