Chapter 41*

Serendipity
(n.) finding something good without looking for it. 

Willow’s POV

I was walking with Dean and Mariah to the ice cream parlour. Dean who keeps claiming that ice cream is for girls, is an ice cream addict. Mariah who keeps saying Dean is an idiot for thinking somethings are for girls and some are for boys, is right. She is too smart for her age.

“Ice cream is for everyone. But chocolates are for girls only,” Dean said and I laughed remembering how Sean used to hide to eat a chocolate bar. He would hide it in his drawer in the office too. 

“Your dad is a girl?”

“He does not eat chocolates.”

“I became his wife before you became his son, trust me he eats them. He just does not like people seeing him eat them,” I said and Mariah laughed.

“See, even uncle Sean knows that everyone is equal. It doesn’t matter that you are a boy or a girl,” Mariah said and I chuckled as we walked inside the small café. 

“Mrs. Bernardo,” a familiar voice said and I looked at the girl, she smiled. It was Victoria.

“Hey,” I said with a smile and she looked at Dean before ruffling his hair.

“I heard what you did to my sister, and I am not proud,” she said and I chuckled getting where this conversation was going.

“Wow, so she ran to tell her sister? And oh, by the way, it was not my intention to make you proud so mission complete,” I said and she chuckled picking Dean up. He had his hard face again. Like he didn’t even want to be touched by Vitoria.

“I will be taking my nephew with me,” she said and Dean’s eyes went wide before they met mine. I was not gonna let her try to even leave this place with him. I would have to be dead if he would be forced to leave with her.

“Apparently, you have to go through her rightful mother first,” I said and she looked around before Dean stretched his hands towards me. I took him from Victoria and smiled, walking out of the café without buying anything. Dean was hugging my neck while Mariah held my hand for dear life.

“Hey baby,” I looked up to find Floyd.

“What are you doing here?” I asked and he showed me his watch, it said I was in trouble. What kind of drug did he feed me?

“It was Victoria.”

“She harm you?”

“Would she even try?”

“Well, I also came to get you, Aureole woke up,” I stared at him, I was waiting for him to say he was joking. But he didn’t, he was telling the truth. I hugged him and he took Dean from me and picked Mariah up too.

“I will follow you with my car, just need to get them a bucket of ice cream.”

“Love you,” I hummed in return as I kissed his cheek.
“By the way, Angelica’s baby was found back at the Salvatori mansion,” he said and my eyebrows rose up. I was shocked, could it even happen?

“Really?”

“Don’t go there just yet. Not alone, I will tell the boys so that you and the other girls stays behind.”

“I wouldn’t go there, I don’t want anything to do with that woman or that house,” I said and he nodded his head before kissing my lips and waiting for me to walk away.

“Does your watch show you where I am?”

“Why?”

“I just- I wanted you to search which stores have the best ice cream, in case I get lost you’d be able to find me quicker.”

“You are thinking of going there, aren’t you?” YES!

“No daddy, I am just worried for Angelica and our babies. What if I get kidnapped?” I asked and he chuckled before pulling me close to him again. To someone, we would be looking like a normal family. Him as the father of Mariah and Dean.

“You won’t, if you are under stress caused by a threat then I will know and I will find your location.”

“So my location shows only when I am under stress?”

“Yes,” he answered and I smiled at him nodded my head. I kissed his lips before kissing Mariah and Dean on their foreheads before walking away. I smiled at Floyd and getting in my car.
I drove to the Salvatori mansion. I sighed and passed the guard who didn’t ask questions, he just opened the gate for me and allowed me through.  I walked inside the house and stared at the woman I once called my mother.

“Willow,” she said and left the baby crib, she turned to me with a smile.

“I am here for the baby.”

“Of course you are, she is the most beautiful thing in the world, after you of course,” she said and I chuckled with an eyeroll.

“How old is she?”

“She is turning one year in three weeks,” she said and I glared at her.

“How long have you been keeping her from her mother?”

“About half a year,” she said and I walked closer to the crib. The baby did look like Bradley, and only a little bit like Angelica.

“I am taking her with me,” I said turning to my mom.

“Okay dear, you can take her with you. Give her a proper burial,” she said and I turned to her. She smiled and I took the baby, I slowly walked to the door and she pulled my hand, forcing me to look at her.

“I hate you,” I started and she smiled.

“Soon, you will be burying Alesso,” I took a step toward her but the baby in my hand started stirring.

“I swear, mother, one of these days I will be backing out of your driveway, I am gonna see you standing at the end of it, and I’m gonna keep going,” I said and walked out of the house and to the car.

“I’d like to see you be heartless,” she said walking to the gate, I took out the chair from the boot of the car and set it up for the baby I put her in the car and looked at mom, she was standing the gate. I smiled and got in the car, I backed out of the yard. She still didn’t get out of the way.

“Rest in peace, ma,” I said and drove onto her. Once I passed her, I drove over her again before finally backing out.
“Believe me now?”

********************
Thoughts?

**********