Chapter 9*

Anagapesis
(n.) no longer feeling any affection for someone you once loved.

Willow’s POV

Sean and I moved to the mansion his mother bought for him in Buenos Aires.

She was worried when I told her about the attacks I had been getting. She promised to visit us whenever she had time.

I have also learned a few things about Sean, he is allergic to nuts, and he hates avocadoes and kiwis. He likes to eat chocolate but in secret, no one knows apart from him and me. He loves to gym and he loves his family, especially his mother and his niece.

“Morning,” I greeted them and Sean didn’t reply. You can say that he is in a battle with his heart and his head. I stared at him and took an apple from the fridge.

“Hey,” his second in command said and Sean just stared at me, as if reading me. To find all the darkest, dirtiest secrets I keep from the world.

“I will be in my room,” I said and went to my room. I sat on the bed, staring at the wall like I have been doing since we got here a week ago. I need to do something fun, like hitting a person or killing somebody, or maybe robbing a bank. It has been so long since I broke the law, yet I’m married to a mafia man.

“Morning, madam,” I looked up at the person who broke my train of dark thoughts. It was an older dirty looking dirty. Someone would have said she and the other ice cream man were related somehow. She looked like she was in her late thirties or early forties.
“Hi, how can I help you?” I asked and she took a step back like she feared me or something. What did I do to her in the past life?

“The boss said I had to come and take out your dirty clothes to wash,” she said, her hand gripping her dress, so that is what she does when she is scared.

“I don’t have any dirty clothes,” I said and she nodded before she ran out of my room. I stared at her back with my eyes wide. I walked out of the room and went to where the lady ran to. A young voice was heard apart from the scared cleaner.

“I apologize again sir,” the cleaner’s shaky voice said and the other girly voice kept laughing. “Mrs. Bernardo doesn’t have dirty laundry.”

“You asked her that?” the lady was quiet, so I guess she nodded because Sean hit the table and the girly voice laughed louder.
“I didn’t say ask her if she had dirty laundry, I said go and take her dirty clothes and wash them. Isn’t that what I pay you for?” Sean asked and I rolled my eyes. Feeling sad for the poor lady.

I walked in and said, “And I said there aren’t there. And I’m not gonna allow her to go to my closet and do as she likes even when I’m telling her that what she wants isn’t there,” Sean scoffed and the girl who seemed to be the same age as me or a year older giggled.

“This is my house, Willow,” he said and I craned my head to the side and waited for his boring lecture to begin. “And as long as you live under my roof-“ I cut him off and trust me he didn’t like that even one bit.

“Kick me out then,” I challenged and he huffed before walking toward me. The maid walked quietly out of the kitchen and I glared at Sean. He gripped my elbow and dragged me to my bedroom which was opposite his.

“I won’t have you disrespecting me or my staff,” he said throwing me onto the floor. I rolled my eyes and got up.

“Or what, Don?”