Chapter 20: I'm Coming Home

There was another guy standing on the opposite side of the room. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see and the man pulled the trigger.

*Joey's POV*

"Shots fired, one man down."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I jumped up to find Daniel on the ground next to me trying to regain his breath. I looked over to the other end of the room and found another guy on the ground.

That was the kid who got shot.

Once the paramedics got over to the person and turned him to face them I recognised him.

It was Marco.

My breath hitched in the back of my throat as the police detained the shooter. I felt tears ride into my eyes only to have them pour out.

"I-it's M-Marco." I stuttered pointing towards Marco who was currently on the stretcher and being carted out.

"Daniel I thought I lost you." I yelled pulling him into a hug with Millie in between us.

"I am so sorry this happened." Daniel said with his voice cracking.

I pulled away from the hug to see Daniel with tears in his eyes. In a few seconds he had a few tears running down his face.

My lips slowly met his, as soon as they met I felt a sudden flush of relief and sparks flying.

Daniel pulled away in a few seconds to kiss my forehead and look me in the eyes.

"Joey you didn't deserve this. This was your time to shine and a stupid idiot ruined it. I am so sorry." Daniel said standing up and helped me up.

"I think we should leave." I said taking his substantially larger hand in mine and walking out of the building.

"Anything for you babe." He said making my heart flutter.

We walked out of the building hand in hand as I held Mille in my other arm.

*at the hotel*

"Tonight we go back home. I'll pack up and I'll help Millie pack. You can go ahead take a shower." Daniel said opening and holding the door for me.

"Thank you." I said walking over to my suitcase to pick out my last outfit for the trip.

All I got was a baggy tank top, sweatpants, and slide flip flops. I got through the shower fast and walked out to see that we were all packed up and ready.

"Do we have everything?" Daniel nodded so we walked downstairs, gave the front desk the key, and started to make our way to the airport in a taxi.

I paid the taxi driver and we all walked into the airport.

We had finally made it to here we give the people our bags. Even though it has taken us 2 hours to get this far, we did it.

"JoJo it's you!" Millie yelled and pointed behind me.

I turned around to see a poster saying 'National Chanpions' and the picture of me holding the trophy up and everyone on my team behind me cheering.

I pulled out my phone and took a picture of it, posting it to Instagram with the caption 'found this in the airport. Feels weird to see yourself on a poster.'

After I uploaded the picture my phone started ringing and the called ID said 'Mom.'

"Hey honey. I heard you guys won! I'm so proud of you. Where are you?" She said as soon as I picked up without letting me say anything.

"I'm coming home."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR 3K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you guys so much!!!

The idea of the Marco being the one who got hit was my good friend marixricex go check her out and follow her.

I love you guys and see you next chapter.