Chapter 16: Cooties and Coming Home Part 1

I woke up and looked over at my clock to see that I only had 10 minutes till I was supposed to leave for school. Daniel was on the ground next to me still fast asleep.

"Daniel wake up!" I yelled jumping up and landing on top of him.

"How long till we have to go?" Daniel asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"10 minutes." I said running to the closet and pulling out some clothes.

"Let's just skip." He said opening his eyes.

"I finally get this stupid cast off and I have a math test today. I CAN'T skip." I yelled putting my sweater on and putting a little bit of make up.

"Fine!" Daniel said getting up.

His hair was every which way and sticking up in the back.

"Come here." I said laughing.

I got on my tippy toes and started fixing with his hair. Once I was almost done Daniel quickly pecking my lips.

"Daniel stop, we have to get ready." I said laughing and walking toward the door to go to Daniel's room.

"You don't love me?" Daniel asked. I turned around to see Daniel pouting with his arms hanging low.

"I love you." I said walking to him and kissing his cheek.

I took his hand and walked him over to his room and threw clothes at him.
Daniel got changed and we walked to Millie's room to help her get ready. We left to go to Millie's preschool and we finally made it to school during second period.

"Where were you guys? Rebecca was expelled!" Blake yelled.

"What?!" I yelled trying to defeat the urge of laughing.

"Yep. She was caught doing drugs in the bathroom during 1st period." Trey said smiling.

"HA! Idiot." I said laughing.
The bell rang and everyone started rushing to their next classes.

"She is finally gone and won't be trying to tear us apart again." Daniel celebrated.

Daniel lifted me off of my feet and hugged me close to his chest. He spun us around while I let out small laughs.

"I can't believe you two used to hate each other's guts and now you two are in love. You two seem inseparable." Blake said quietly.

No one but myself seemed to hear what Blake had said and I thought about it. It's true. About a month ago Daniel and I HATED each other. Now I probably couldn't live without him.

Suddenly my phone started ringing in my pocket and I pulled it out, It was my mom.

"Hey mom!" I said happily into the phone.

"Hey sweetie! Mrs.McCasey and I are leaving from New York. We are in the airport and they have finally started letting planes take off. We will see you two tonight." She said.

"Okay. See you then. Love you."

"Oh wait! Did Daniel tell you what happened to his dad?" My mom asked.

I wonder how Mrs.McCasey is doing.

"Yeah. I think he is doing fine. Millie is doing okay. I have to go to class. Bye." I said hanging up and started towards my class.

"Our moms are coming home tonight. We should leave after lunch so we can go home to make dinner for them. We will pick up Millie too." I whispered to Daniel.

"Okay. See you next class." Daniel said kissing my forehead and going in the opposite direction as I was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Should I drive or do you want to?" I asked. I had been in a good mood ever since my mom called to say they were coming home. I haven't seen her for a month and I have so much to tell her.

"For the first time, I will let you drive. Just please be careful. That's all I ask Joey." He pleaded.

"YAY!" I jumped in the drivers seat and put the key into the ignition.

I drove off and started swerving on purpose because Daniel hates that.

"JOEY STOP!" He yelled holding the handle above his head.

I pulled into Millie's school's parking lot and shut the car off. I unbuckled my seatbelt and started towards the school doors.

Daniel was messing around still and was taking his time so I decided to leave him.

All of the sudden I was lifted off of my feet and thrown on someone's back. I started laughing because I knew it was Daniel. He still ran really fast towards the school despite the added weight on his back.

Once we made it to the outside doors he put me down and looked at me.

"Joey," he started intently grabbing my hands in his "how much do you weigh. You're like a dinosaur on my back." He said making the romantic start take a plummeting fall towards the end.

"You're so mean!" I yelled smacking his chest as he laughed his butt off.

"I'm kidding! You are perfect." He said still laughing as I stalked off pretending to be mad.

"Joey, don't be mad I was kidding." He said with a small tone of desperation in his voice.

"Joey I love you to the moon and back."

"Joey please listen to me."

I stopped outside of Millie's classroom and knocked on the door. I turned to face Daniel and he instantly smashed his lips onto mine. I of course kissed back to let him know I was only kidding.

"EWW! COOTIES!" I heard a bunch of little voices scream.

Daniel and I pulled apart to see the door open, the teacher standing there laughing, and all of the kids screaming.

"You guys need Millie?" The teacher asked.

"Yes." We said at the same time laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A/n: I want to give a big thank you to everyone who is reading. This book as almost 1K reads and I just started publishing a little while ago. And for everyone who read Saved, IT HAS ALMOST 50K READS 😱

But over all just thank you for reading and keep it up.
~Masked Writer 23