Chapter 50: Dinner

(A/n: read the authors note at the end of the chapter)

"They're going to be here in 15 minutes. I need all of you to please be on your best behaviour." I said pointing my finger at Blake, Matt, Trey, and Daniel.

"I'm going to go get ready. You guys know my parents so if they come and I'm not ready, just open the door." I said running my hand through my thick hair and walking up the steps. I made it to my room and went to close the door behind me.

"Joey, why are you so nervous?" Daniel asked while following me into the room.

"I don't know, I just don't want anything to be messed up. I want them to think that I have my life together and I can handle living on my own. They know I do it in college but they also know that I have three other roommates. This is just me and you. I want them to be happy." I said walking up to Daniel and hugging him.

"It's all going to be okay, cupcake." He said kissing the top of my head.

"I love it when you call me that." I said giggling into his chest.

"I know. Now I'll pick out my favourite dress that you have while you do whatever else you have to do, even though you really don't need makeup." He said ruffling my hair and walking to my closet.

I sat down at my makeup desk and plugged in my straightening iron. While I waited for it to heat up, I put a small amount of make up on.

"Here you go." Daniel said handing me a short black dress with long sleeves. Once I put it on Daniel just started at me.

"You look beautifully stunning." He said walking over to me and putting his hands on my hips. I put mine around the back of his neck and looking into his breathtaking emerald eyes.

"Thank you." I said pecking his lips and giving him a smile.

"That was not a kiss! Come on." Daniel whined before I started laughing.

"Fine." I said and he started leaning down, closing the unwanted space between us.

The doorbell rang soon after Daniel and I started kissing and he wouldn't stop whining all the way down the steps. I rushed over to the door, taking a deep breath, I pulled the door open and found Joe, Millie, Daniel's mom, and my mom standing there.

"Joey, you look so-" my mom was interrupted by Millie.

"Jojo!" She yelled running up to me and hugging me.

"Hi Millie." I said giggling.

"Hi Mrs.Albee." I heard Daniel say behind me and when I looked up I saw Daniel hugging my mom.

"Are you ready for dinner?" I asked Millie while fixing her hair a little.

"Yeah, I'm going to go find Trey." She said smiling and running off.

"As I was saying, you look beautiful." She said giving me a hug.

"That's what I said." Daniel said sliding his arm around my waist.

"Hi dad." I said walking up to Joe and giving him a hug.

"You've really changed that boy Joey, and he's really changed you. I'm proud of you two." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." I said kissing his cheek and letting my parents in so they could greet everyone else.

"Are you guys ready for dinner?" I asked once everyone got settled in, watching the news.

"Yeah, I'll come help." Daniel offered and followed me into the kitchen.

"Can I finally get that kiss?" Daniel asked once we made it in, away from everyone.

"Sure." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and getting on my tippy toes to kiss him.

Almost instantly Daniel's hands found my waist and pulled me closer. Daniel started slowly backing me up towards the wall when Matt walked in.

"My eyes!" He yelled, putting his hands over his eyes and running out of the kitchen.

"I love you." I said pecking his lips and started making chicken parmigiana.

"I love you too." Daniel said pulling out the bread crumbs.

~*~

"So, you guys have to go back to school in one month. Are you all ready?" Joe asked while shovelling in more pasta.

"No." Cat and Trey yelled at the same time.

"I don't want to go back." I whined.

"Do you all like your schools? You all go to big name schools, that must be fun." My mom said with a small smile.

"I love Florida and the school, but I really hate being away from everyone." Daniel said with a small huff.

"We miss all of you guys. It's never been so quiet." Mrs.McCasey said laughing.

"What's the best part of your schools?" Joe asked with a small smile.

"I love the weather in Florida. There isn't any snow and it's always hot." I said.

"I agree." Daniel said while looking at me.

"I love Oregon because of the fans." Blake said.

"I love Ohio State because I can rub it in Blake's face that we beat Oregon in the first National Championship." Matt said laughing.

"I like Alabama because of the food." Trey said poking Cat's face.

"Beat them too." Matt said and we all rolled out eyes.

"I like Alabama because I'm with Trey." Cat said poking her tongue out at him.

"Aww!" I yelled loudly.

"I definitely don't miss that." My mom said laughing.

"Thanks mom." I said.

"Love you." She said smiling.

~*~

"Bye guys. Love you." I said waving to mom, Joe, Millie, and Mrs.McCasey as they left my apartment.

"Love you too Jojo." Millie called out before I shut the door.

"I'm really tired, do you want to come upstairs with me?" Daniel whispered in my ear.

"Sure." I said smiling.

"We are going to head upstairs. Good night everyone." Daniel said putting his hand on the small of my back and leading me upstairs.

I walked into the room and pulled out a pair of Nike shorts, an old t-shirt I stole from my mom, and put on some Nike Elite socks.

"I love you Daniel." I said crawling into bed next to Daniel.

"I love you even more Joey." He said kissing my forehead before I fell asleep in Daniel's arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT😭😭

The other day when I opened my Wattpad (on the 4th) it was my birthday, and for my birthday present I found that my book had made it to 70K.

Thank you so much for reading.

Not in the next chapter, but in the chapter after the last I am going to make either a thank you letter or a thank you video.

If you guys have any questions for me (personal or about the book) then I will be answering them.

SHOULD I MAKE A SEQUEL????

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow

See you next chapter