Chapter 11: Lectures and Push-Ups

The bell rang signalling it is time for lunch. I looked up at Daniel and he took a deep breath in and let it out.

"Let's go." He said standing up and helped me up.

I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, fear and pain. I didn't want to go in there. I'm fine with Daniel and that's how I wish it would stay.

We walked into the cafeteria hand in hand and all eyes were on us. Daniel and I sat down at our table with Lindsey as Rebecca walked over to us.

"Everyone can I have your attention please?" Rebecca asked standing on top of our table.

The whole cafeteria got silent and the misery would start now.

"Everyone. You are all in the room with a murderer. Someone who's killed another human being. I am disgusted to be near her. Her name, Joey McDonald. Joey here has a little secret. A few years ago Joey's mom, dad, sister, and herself were in a car together. Joey was in the back making as much noise as she could, kicking the back if her father's seat, and poking his arm. When her dad went to turn Joey screamed as loud as she could and her dad went off the road. Joey's dad and sister died all because of Joey and her carelessness. She is a monster and you all should be ashamed of yourselves for being in the same school as her. I want everybody to stay away from her if you don't want to be killed. We never know who she's going to kill next." Rebecca said stepping down from the table, turning to look at me, and smirked.

Tears rushed down my face and I couldn't make a noise. Of course everyone's going to listen to her.

It's time for my side of the story.

I went to stand up on my chair to get on the table but either way I would be putting pressure on my leg so I looked at Daniel.

"Need help?" He asked standing up.

"I can't do this." I said shaking my head and limping out of the cafeteria.

I just couldn't speak knowing what everyone thought of me. Everyone will think of me as a girl who killed her dad and sister and that's all I'll ever be to them.

I limped into the bathroom and walked into one of the stalls. I let my back lean up against the door and I slid down. I started to bawl my eyes out into my hands.

I hate Rebecca.

After 20 minutes of crying I heard door steps walk into the bathroom.

"Joey, are you okay?" I heard Lindsey's voice ask as she knocked on the stall.

I stood up and opened the door. She looked at me, didn't say a thing, and just hugged me. We stood there just hugging for probably 5 minutes before she pulled away.

"Awe, poor baby. Let's get you cleaned up." She said walking over to the sink and washing away all of the running mascara.

"You know, you have an awesome boyfriend." She said out of the blue.

"What did he do?" I asked thinking he got in another fight.

"He told everybody what actually happened. He told everyone about the drunk driver and how you hated yourself because you didn't die in the crash because you think you deserve it more than your dad and sister. He told them all everything now everyone is against Rebecca." She explained.

"I have to find him." I said hugging Lindsey and running out of the bathroom.

I walked down the hall and found Blake.

"Hey Blake, have you seen Daniel?" I asked grabbing his arm.

"Yeah. He went outside." Blake said hugging me.

I ran outside and to the edge of the sidewalk. I looked both ways and didn't find him.

"Behind you cupcake." I heard Daniel's voice say.

I turned around and found Daniel standing there with a cigarette in one hand and a smile on his face. I ran to him and jumped in his arms. Daniel dropped the cigarette and wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me up.

"You are the best boyfriend any girl could have." I said letting a tear fall.

Daniel sat me down and just looked at me.

"I don't recall asking you to be my girlfriend." Daniel said with a smirk.

"I'm sorry. I guess I just-" I was cut off by Daniel connecting his lips with mine for a few seconds.

"But will you?" Daniel asked with a smile.

"Yes."

"I love you girlfriend."

"I love you boyfriend."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I walked into the house, throwing my keys on the counter and walking upstairs. I walked into my room and opened my suitcase. I pulled out a family picture.

Whole family.

I looked at my dad's bright smile. My dad was probably 6' and he was amazing. My dad had dark black hair, bright green eyes, and was the dad everyone loved. He loved classic rock and that's where I get my obsession from. When my dad was in high school and college he played baseball and that's why I play today.

My sister was a totally different story. My sister had light brown hair, was probably 5' tall, and she had blue eyes. She was the girl who would wear to school what Brittany Spears had worn the day before. My sister was so into current fashion and pop culture. My sister was a cheerleader and was amazing.

When my dad died when he was 47 and my sister died when she was 14. She was three years older than my so right now she would be twenty. My dad would have been 52.

I was 11 when this all happened so I didn't know what was happening. All I knew was my sister and dad weren't coming home.

Six years ago I lost two if the closest people to me and I still sometimes cry myself to sleep.

I didn't realise I was crying until I saw a year drop onto the picture.

Downstairs I heard the garage door close and minutes later feet walking up the steps. There was a knock on my door and Daniel entered.

"Joey, don't cry." He said walking over to me and hugging me.

"I'm not still angry about what Rebecca did. I was just thinking about my sister and dad but started crying." I said wiping a tear and sniffling.

Daniel took the picture in his hands and inspected it.

"You had a really nice family." Daniel said kissing the top of my head.

"Yeah. You and my dad would have gotten along great. He loved football." I said laughing.

All of the sudden Daniel stood up, picked me up, and carried me downstairs.

"What are you doing?" I asked letting out a small giggle.

"Speaking of football, you need to help me with push ups." Daniel said laying me on the ground.

"What are you talking about?"

Daniel put his hands on both sides of my head and kept himself held up.

Daniel was in push up motion over top of me.

"This is what I mean." He said coming down and pecking my lips.

Daniel went back up and I giggled.

Every time he did a push up, when he went down he kissed me.

After 20 push ups he stopped and helped me up.

"You're my new push up partner."