Chapter 38: Weddings Busted and Mistakes

"I thought you said the dresses were supposed to be a peach colour." Trey said as we walked through the church looking at all of the pictures hanging on the walls.

"My mom changed her mind. It's just one of those last minute crazy wedding people things." I said laughing.

"Nice shoes, now I can see you without having to look down." He said making me hit his arm.

"Do you think maybe we should be over with the rest of our families?" He asked as we neared another door.

"Probably." I said turning around and walking back to my family.

"Joey, you look beautiful." My aunt Karen gushed as soon as I walked into the room.

"Oh my gosh Joey." My aunt Lilly said running to me.

"Does this look okay?" I asked fluffing the skirt of the dress and looking down.

"You look amazing." My mom's last bridesmaid said who just so happened to be Macy McCasey.

"Thanks." I said blushing.

"They're right." Trey said smiling to me.

"Aw, you're finally nice to me because in a couple days you're going to be living with me." I said laughing.

"Yeah, pretty much." He said making everyone laugh.

"You two are going to be the best siblings." Aunt Karen said smiling and taking a picture on her Toshiba flip-phone.

"Joey." I heard someone whisper yell so I turned around to find my mother peaking her head out of one of the doors and motioning for me to come over.

"I'll be back." I said walking away from the group and meeting my mother in the dressing room.

"Hey what's u- woah." Was all I could say while walking into the dressing room.

"Does this look okay?" She asked spinning in a circle.

Her dress was a traditional ballgown wedding dress with beeds up to the top.

She looked amazing.

"Mom." Was all I could say before I ran to hug her.

"I just want to say, I bet this is what dad wanted you to do. He wouldn't want you to mourn for 10 years, he would want you to put yourself out there. I know he is thinking the exact same thing as me; mom you look beautiful." I said tearing up.

"Thank you so much Joey. I'm just really nervous. I haven't done this for nearly 20 years. What is something goes wrong?" She asked messing around with her hair.

"It's going to be fine, trust me."

~*~

"Lilly McDonald do you take Joe Albee to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked my mother.

"I do." She said smiling and a tear fell from her eyes.

"Joe Albee do you take Lilly McDonald to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked my now step-father.

"I do." He said looking to my mom the way my own father would have and it made me happy.

"You may kiss the bride."

"Can't wait." Joe said making everyone laugh and then kissed my mother.

I have a new dad.

I have a new brother.

I have a new family.

Joe and my mom walked outside while the people making a tunnel shape threw rice at them. I have to say, that is a really stupid tradition.