Chapter 39: I'm Glad I Did

"Hi Mrs.Albee, I'm here for Joey " I heard the sound of Daniel's voice saying to my newly wed mother who happened to get to the door before I could.

"Hey Daniel." I said walking up behind my mom and admiring his gentleman act of having a single red rose in his hand.

"You can come in, I have to get my shoes on." I said letting him in and closing the door.

"I brought you this flower, I didn't take it this time." Daniel said making me giggle.

"It's beautiful." I said taking it and putting it in a cup of water.

"Just like me." Daniel said.

"Please tell me I didn't just hear that." I said hitting Daniel's arm.

"I would be lying then." Daniel said hugging me and kissing the top of my head.

"But seriously, you look beautiful." Daniel said looking down to me making me blush.

"Thanks. Should we get going?" I asked taking Daniel's hand in mine.

"We shall." Daniel said in a posh British accent.

~*~

"Are you serious?" Daniel yelled to me.

"Yes, it was so exciting. We had awesome seats that were just a few rows up from the court." I said smiling.

"We're you in the middle or by one of the sidelines?" Daniel asked intrigued about my story.

"We were right behind the Cavs bench and I got Tristan Thompson's autograph." I said giggling at how excited Daniel was that I saw the one of the games the Cavs won in the finals.

"That's awesome! I wish I could have been there to see them win." Daniel said smiling at me.

"Can I tell you something even though it might be really strange?" I asked Daniel.

"Anything."

"You are adorable when you get overly excited. Your eyes light up and your voice gets louder. You start running your hands through your hair and you use crazy hand motions. I love that." I said blushing a little.

"If we are going to start telling the truth then I think I should too." Daniel started staring into my eyes.

"Joey, when Blake was dating you I absolutely hated it. I hated seeing you happy with another guy. I hated seeing another guy making you smile. I hated seeing another guy kissing you. When you broke up with me I went home and cried, I cried real tears. The last time I cried is when I lost my father in the war. Joey I missed you and I never stopped loving you." Daniel said making small tears form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you two," and older lady with her husband attached to her arm said to us, "but may I just say that you two are one of the best couples I have seen."

"Thank you." I said blushing and letting my smile shine.

"I'm not exaggerating it either. You two genuinely love each other with all you have and it's highly obvious. Are you two in high school?" The lady continued.

"Yes mam', we are seniors." Daniel said still looking at her.

"That's where I met Ron here. Ron and I met in senior year and have been married since we were 18. Now we are 82 and I still fall in love with him more and more everyday." The lady said.

"And you get more beautiful everyday Beatrice." Ron said to her.

"I hope you two end up together like Ron and I. From what I can tell, you two have been through a lot together and also, I can tell you two will be together for a long time." Beatrice said.

Soon Beatrice and Ron walked away with their hands interlocked just like how Daniel and I walk together.

"Joey, would you think that it's crazy to get married?" Daniel asked after they walked away.

"Right now?" I asked stunned.

"Not right now, how about after high school. What if we went on a road trip across America and at the end when we are in California, we got married. We could have our families fly out, some of our friends. Joey, we could do this together. We could be together forever." Daniel said taking both of my hands in his.

"I think I would love that." I said smiling.

"What do you think our parents would think?" Daniel asked.

"I don't care as long as I'm with you. If I have you I'm alright." I said smiling.

"Why don't we get out of here and walk around somewhere." Daniel said.

"I'll pay first." I said asking the waiter for the check.

"I was going to pay." Daniel said pouting.

"What if we each paid half." I suggested.

"Fine."

~*~

"I can't believe we are doing this." I said rolling my eyes and laughing.

"We don't have anything else to do. I want to spend time with you, come on it will be fun." Daniel said pulling my hand as we ran into Walmart.

"Are we really just going to walk around Walmart?" I asked Daniel.

"Why not?" He said shrugging his shoulders.

We had to of spent near two hours walking through Walmart, commenting on every little thing.

We were either making fun of the pictures on boxes, or making fun of how something looked. We finally found something that could occupy our time so we bought s'mores ingredients.

"That will be $13.78." The cashier said holding his hand out for the money.

I handed over the money and we walked away from our Walmart date to go back to my place.

"Mom, Joe, Trey I'm home!" I yelled through the house.

"Joey!" I heard trey yell while he ran down the steps.

"Daniel!" Trey said surprised and giving Daniel a 'bro hug.'

"What are you two love birds up to?" Trey asked motioning to the Walmart bag that was hanging from my hand.

"We are going to start a fire and make s'mores." I said smiling.

"Is this a date or can I have some?"

"You can come. Get my mom and Joe. We can all have some s'mores." I said walking outside.

"Joey?" Daniel asked while I started the fire.

"Yeah?"

"Joey can you please look at me?" Daniel asked once again.

"What is-" I was cut off by Daniel's lips on mine.

"Sorry, I have wanted to do that all night."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So A LOT has happened.

•gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states👏🏽🌈

I'm not gay but my aunt last year got married to her girlfriend and I just find it amazing that now everyone that is gay/lesbian can get married in any state.

•I'm in ✖️ichigan 😖

I'm at my cousins graduation party that's in ✖️ichigan and it's really awkward because the only sweatshirt I wear is Ohio state but I don't want to get beat up for it.....

•MY FASTPITCH TEAM WON 3 GAMES⚾️❤️

my fastpitch team is kinda horrible but in the past week we have won our first game and then following we won two more 👏🏽

I hope you all liked this chapter. It was kind of fluffy with the two old people.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow

See you next chapter