Chapter 19: Awards

"This year has been by far the best year I have ever had. I had a team of best friends who I could also call my sisters. The coaches taught us like we were their daughters we came together like one big happy family to pull off a national title win. I am ecstatic to know that I was a big part of this team and I couldn't have done it without the girl behind the plate. I would like to introduce the 2015 National Fastpitch Champions." I said through the microphone and held the hands of my 'sisters' as we were all handed medals to hang around our necks and the trophy was in front of us.

We all threw our hands up while interlocked as about 300 cameras clicked and lights flashed all around.

We made it.

We are the national champions.

"I am so proud of you girls." Coach said with a few stray tears falling from his eyes.

"Awwww! Coach is crying!" Linsey and I yelled, a few seconds later the whole team was yelling.

A few minutes later we were all let off of the stage and back to our families. I walked over to the table that had a proud Daniel sitting there with a smile on his face and a small, happy Millie sitting in Daniel's lap. Daniel picked Millie up and set her down so she could walk over to where the food was and he came over to me.

"You look beautiful cupcake. I am so proud of you." Daniel said kissing my forehead which made me almost melt in his arms.

"Thank you." I said blushing.

I looked over my shoulder to see a creepy man walk through the doors and start to look around. I have been playing with these girls for two years and I know for a fact that no one is related to this guy.

"Hey Millie come here." I said cautiously.

Millie looked over to us and ran into my arms. I picked her up and put her on my hip so we were both comfortable. I looked over to the creep to see him digging around in his pocket. I saw a small black handle show and go back in.

"Daniel we have to go now." I said grabbing his upper arm and quickly walking towards the doors.

*Daniel's POV* (FINALLY)

After Joey finished her speech and they all accepted their awards she came down off stage and right into my arms.

Holding this girl in my arms will never get old. I held her as if I would never let her go and I hope I won't.

"You look beautiful cupcake. I am so proud of you." I said kissing her forehead not before her face was tinted a light red.

"Thank you." She said smiling which made the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

I saw Joey look over her shoulder and look worried but I didn't think much of it.

This morning I woke up with a bad feeling in my gut but not horrible. The worst feeling would be Joey falling on stage but I was probably just imagining it.

"Hey Millie come here." Joey said with a small crack in her voice.

Millie came running to us and jumped into Joey's arms. Joey put Millie on her hip and looked around.

All of the sudden her eyes got really big and worry flashed across her face.

"Daniel we have to go now." She said grabbing my arm and started towards the doors.

Suddenly we heard a man yelling and everyone dropped to the floor. I looked over and saw a man holding a gun in his hand. Joey stood there like a deer staring into headlights so I pulled her down and put myself overtop of her.

Joey already had Millie under her so I knew that both of my girls were protected.

"I want everyone to stay where they're at and don't make a noise." He yelled as his footsteps neared us.

In the far distance there were sirens blaring and in seconds they were just outside.

I heard the clanging of the police men's hand cuffs and the pounding of their rushing feet. They finally opened the door and stopped dead in their tracks.

"We have an armed man holding a whole building of people against their wills." One of the police men said into their walkie talkie thing.

"I need one person at my side now or everyone is going to be killed." The man said. I stood up saw the situation I was in.

There was another guy standing on the opposite side of the room. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see and the man pulled the trigger.

*Joey's POV*

"Shots fired, one man down."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys!!

Sorry about the long wait. I have been having softball 5 times a week and homework all the time. I cannot begin to say how much I love you guys. LIVING WITH THE BAD BOY HAS OVER 2K!!!!! You guys are the BEST.

Just to communicate with you guys a little more if you guys ask me personal questions (not too personal 😏) I'll answer them so you can't get to know me because most of you don't know me very well and I feel like you guys should at least know a little bit.

I love you guys soooooooo much and I should have an update published by the end of the week.

BYEEEEEE 👋