Chapter 45: Graduation and Yes

"The class of 2015 is one like no other. We have been through the ups and downs that a normal family would. Loosing close friends, going through relationships, and winning incredible events. I have met some people who without them, I wouldn't be going to the college of my dreams with the boy of my dreams. I have met teachers who made me change the path I will lead past college and into adulthood. I have been waiting for this day to come since elementary school and now I dread leaving my closest friends. I have learned many life lessons that will follow me till I die. I want to thank my family for helping me through loosing my sister, finding out my father faked his death, and helping me through a break up. I want to thank my best friends who have stuck with me even when I made the wrong choice. Lastly I want to thank my boyfriend who has been there for me for a year now. He isn't just my boyfriend, he is my best friend, my favourite person, and my idol. He showed me how to love and care for a family and I can't thank him enough for that. One major thing I have learned through my four high school years is: Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, and live life like no one is watching. Basically that means live life to the fullest because you never know when you will have your last day. Do everything you can with the ones you love because one day they might not be there. Help your friends because maybe someday they will be there for you when yo need it most. I want to thank the teachers, staff, and the students for making this such an amazing experience. I want to present to you, the graduating class of 2015." I finished the speech I had practiced countless times, each one with Daniel listening.

Everyone in the audience clapped, whistled, and stood up. I waved and was about to step down from the mic and walk back to my seat when I heard another familiar voice through a microphone.

"Wait!" Daniel yelled through his microphone and walked over to me.

"Hi everyone." Daniel said waving to the crowd, a couple of people muttered an answer back.

"Joey I know we are young and this is a shot into the void, but I love you with all of my heart. I know in the beginning we had problems but all that matters is that I am with you now. I want to say the first time I met you in my kitchen, I was a complete jerk, obviously not knowing that I was going to fall in love with the girl in Star Wars pajamas that sat on my couch eating Chinese food while watching Duck Dynasty. I love how even when we go home at the end of the day spent together, you always have something exciting to tell me that you forgot about. You always get this big smile on your face and your eyes get big. It is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Sometimes you tell the same stories over again but I love that because you're just as excited. Joey Ann McDonald, you are all I have ever wanted in a girl and all I will ever need. Joey McDonald, will you marry me?" Daniel said getting down onto one knee in front of me.

By the time Daniel was done with his speech I was already well into tears. I had my hand over my mouth trying to muffle my sobs.

"Yes." I finally got out while nodding my head.

The crowd instantly burst into abrupt cheers and the smile on Daniel's face was the biggest one I had ever seen. Daniel shakily took the ring out of the box and put it on my left ring finger. Instantly after he did that he hugged me and spun me around in a circle.

"I love you so much Joey." He said kissing me in front of everyone.

"Now I want the graduating class to please rise. In honour, move your tassels to the other side of your hat." Mr.Riker proudly said. I looked at Daniel and saw him smiling as he put it on the other side.

"This is your 2015 Graduating class." He finally said.

"1,2,3." I heard behind us and everyone threw their hats up into the air.