Chapter 32: Have You Ever Considered Being A Cheerleader?

I was awoken the next day to a bunch of shuffling under me and then a sudden absence of heat. My eyes fluttered open and I found Daniel in his closet trying to find a shirt. Once I remembered yesterday's events, I knew that I would have to talk to Daniel again; sober.

I sat up and cracked all of my fingers and Daniel quickly turned to look at me.

"Joey, did I wake you?" He asked throwing a plain red t-shirt on and sitting down next to me.

"It's fine, I should be awake by now anyways." I said smiling to him.

(A/N: I just threw my phone at my face and it hit my mouth. I just thought you all should know. Now back to the story)

"Joey, can I ask you something?" Daniel asked and I nodded my head.

"What the hell happened last night?" He asked loudly.

I laughed at how loud he was despite it being 8:00 in the morning. I tugged at the roots of my hair, a nervous habit I had gotten into when I was younger.

"Well, I mean the Cavaliers beat the Hawks 114-111 and now they're 3-0 in the series-" I started going off topic on purpose.

"Joey, I'm serious." He said smiling, something I have always loved on him.

"I left Lindsey because she said that you were pathetic, I somehow ended up at the football stadium downtown, Trey picked me up and dropped me off here, I found you drunk and throwing up." I said.

All of the sudden Daniel moved a lot closer to me, until you bodies were touching and so were our foreheads. I longed to close the space in between us but he did it before I could. Daniel connected his lips to mine; slowly and passionately kissing me. His hands went down to my waist while mine made their way up to his hair. I ran my fingers through his dark brown hair. What seemed like an eternity later but in reality was only a couple seconds, he pulled away, leaving me wanting more.

"I'm sorry, I just really wanted to kiss you." He said lightly smiling.

"I-I missed that." I stuttered.

"Joey, could I take you out this Friday?" He asked quietly.

"I would love to." I said smiling, hugging him tight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You better loose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go. You only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime." I sang as I put my toast into the toaster.

"Hey there cupcake." Daniel whispered into my ear, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

"Haven't heard that name in a long time." I said smirking to him.

"I thought I would bring it back." He said walking to the fridge and pulling eggs out.

"Hello!" I heard Trey yell, followed by a bunch of footsteps.

"Honey, I'm home!" Blake yelled in a woman voice.

"I smell food." Matt yelled.

They all rounded the corner to find Daniel and I making breakfast together. They all smiled and put their bags down.

"What's with your guy's stuff?" I asked.

I sat down next to Daniel, across from the guys, with two pieces of wheat toast and one egg on my breakfast plate.

"Incase your boyfriend forgot," Trey said fake gagging, "we have football tryouts today."

I heard Daniel curse under his breath and quickly run upstairs.

"I need all the details." Trey said just as soon as Daniel got into the shower and turned the water on.

Blake and Matt looked confused but then I remembered that I had never told them about the last few day's events.

"After you dropped me off I found him drunk and throwing up; he had a pack of cigarettes next to him." I said quietly to Trey.

"Did you see him smoking?" He asked worried.

"Earlier when Lindsey made me drive by I did but when I found him later he wasn't. Why do you ask?"

"Daniel has always turned to smoking if something went horribly wrong in his life. I know that he wouldn't let you see it, but when his dad died, for two weeks he went through a pack a day. It was horrible." Trey said with tears filling his eyes.

All three of them looked in between one another and gave sad looks.

"I'm the reason he was smoking again. I broke him down." I said quietly to myself.

"Joey, it's not your fault." Matt said.

"But it is! If I wasn't an oblivious ass, them Daniel wouldn't have been smoking. What if I just got him back into his old, bad habits." I said worried.

Daniel walked down the stairs and through the kitchen, holding his football bag in one hand and his shirt in the other. His hair was unstyled and dripping wet.

I jumped up from my chair and hugged him. He set his stuff down and held me just as tight.

"Daniel please stop smoking, I didn't mean for you to start again." I said against his chest.

"I'll try to stop." He said breaking the hug and kissing my forehead.

"Joey, are you coming to tryouts?" Blake asked.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to. Your coach might not want me there." I said.

"Please come!" Trey asked with a pouty lip and puppy dog eyes.

"How can I say no to that face?" I asked squeezing his cheeks.

"I have to run home and get changed an showered." I said picking up my keys.

"Just go get in the shower. I'll go to your house and get your clothes." Daniel said taking my keys out of my hand and walking out the door.

"Okay then," I said laughing, "I'll be back soon."

I walked upstairs and started to get through the shower. I had just finished washing my hair when the door opened.

"I got you clothes." Daniel said to me.

"Thank you. I'll be out soon." I said rinsing my hair and he closed the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Let's go Daniel!" I yelled as he threw a pass for 50 yards.

"Hey, McDonald, can I talk to you?" The football coach asked.

I nodded and instantly started blushing. Blushing when I was either in trouble or I thought I was in trouble was a habit I got into; why does the coach want to talk to me?

"Yes?" I asked quietly.

"Have you ever considered being a cheerleader?" I laughed in his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi 👋🏼

*ATTENTION*

I'm going to be choosing one follower (randomly) to have a part in the rest of the book. If you get it I'll message you asking for basic self characteristics like hair colour, eye colour, ect.

HOW? All you have to do is follow me!

I love you guys thanks for reading

See you next chapter