𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨

I looked up from my timetable the next morning and saw xavier and draco walk into the great hall together. I jumped up from my seat, and ran over to them."

"Xavier! Xavier! Xavier!" I jumped onto his back.

His hands found my legs, and I'm guessing draco's hand found my back.

"Aren't you happy this morning?" Draco chuckled.

"What do you want?" Xavier grumbled, looking at me from over his shoulder.

I jumped back to the ground, and fixed my skirt. "I have a question for you." He arched an eyebrow. "Can you put my name in the tournament?"

"No." The two boys chorused.

I frowned. "Why not?"

"You must be deaf, little sister. Dumbledore said that it's dangerous, and people have died. Do you really think I'm going to let you enter. And I'm not dumb enough to enter your name myself."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're no fun, you know that?" I turned to draco. "And you, please tell me you're not on his side!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sorry, my dear. But I'm afraid that I am on his side. I don't want you to get hurt. His hand reached up, and caressed my cheek.

I smirked and smacked his hand away. "Neither of you have a sense of adventure, do you?"

He laughed. "I'm only looking out for you."

I rolled my eyes, and started to back away towards the gryffindor table. "Whatever." I sat beside hermione, who I saw was eating. Must be starving from not eating yesterday.

"Today's not bad... outside all morning." Ron said, running his finger down his timetable. "Herbology with the hufflepuffs and care of magical creatures... damn it, we're still with the slytherins..."

I smirked at the thought.

"Double divination this afternoon." Harry groaned.

"I wonder if she'll predict something that she already saw from the daily prophet." I laughed.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" Hermione said, buttering some toast. "Then you be doing something sensible like arithmancy."

"You're eating again, I notice." Ron pointed out.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights."

"Yeah... and you were hungry."

"Hermione, how many times do I have to tell you? The house elves like to work."

Before she could say anything else, a rustling noise from above told me that the owls have arrived. We then went to herbology with the hufflepuffs, before going down to hagrids for care of magical creatures. When we arrived, there were several open wood crates on the ground by hagrid's feet. As we drew closer, an odd rattling noise reached our ears, punctuated by what sounded like minor explosions.

"Mornin'!" Hagrid grinned at us. "Be'er wait fer the slytherins, they won' want ter miss this - blast ended skrewts!"

My eyebrows forrowed in confusion. "Come again?"

He pointed down to the crates. Lavender brown gave out a squeal of disgust. They looked like deformed, shell less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads. The smell they were giving off reminded me a lot like rotting fish.

"On'y jus' hatched," Hagrid sounded proud. "so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"

"And why would we want to raise them?" Oh no. Here we go again. Draco malfoy. "I mean, what do they do? What is the point of them?"

There was a few second pause when hagrid opened his mouth. "Tha's next lesson, malfoy. Yet jus' feedin' 'em today. Now, yeh'll wan' ter try 'em on a few diff'rent things - I've never had 'em before, not sure what they'll go fer - I got any eggs an' frog livers an' a bit o' grass snake - just try 'em out with a bit of each."

I shared a confused look with harry. Where is the mouth on this thing? But none the less, I picked up a handful of frog livers, and tried to feed them.

After about ten minutes, dean thomas yelled, "Ouch! It got me!"

I started to get nervous. Please don't let another student be hurt.

"It's end exploded!" Dean showed hagrid a burn on his hand.

"Ah, yeah, that can happen when they blast off." Hagrid nodded.

"Eurgh!" Lavender brown said. "Hagrid, what's that pointy thing on it."

"Ah, some of 'em have got stings. I reckon they're males... the females have got sorta sucker things on their bellies... I think they might be ter suck blood."

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive." Draco said sarcastically. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting and bite all at once?"

I glared at him. "Just because they're not very pretty, it doesn't mean they're not useful. Dragon blood's amazingly magical, but you wouldn't want a dragon for a pet, would you?"