𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮

"How was the celebration for pottah last night?" Draco asked with distaste. "Did he get all the praise that he thinks he deserves?"

"Honestly, horrible." I answered, brushing some of his hair off his forehead. I was sitting at the slytherin table, wanting to avoid some more of harry's attitude today. "He was in a terrible mood, and everyone kept asking him how he entered his name."

"And?"

"He swears up and down that he didn't."

"I don't believe him. He must have put his name under a different school."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Possibly."

"What's wrong, darling? You seem to be in a terrible mood this morning."

"Harry was mad at me last night, thinking that I was gonna bombard him with the same questions as everyone else. But I was just trying to help him get away from the crowd."

"If he's going to be rude to you, he doesn't deserve to be your friend. That way I can keep you all to myself." He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

I laughed. "Not gonna be that easy, malfoy. I still have ron and hermione."

Speaking of hermione, she walked up to the slytherin table. A stack of toast in her hand. "Y/n, would you like to come with me to speak to harry?"

"He doesn't really like me at the moment, hermione."

"Besides, granger, she's eating breakfast with me. Now, run along."

I smacked him on the back of his head. "Manners, draco."

"Sorry, love." His eyes fell to his plate.

"Come on, y/n. Maybe it was just last night. He'll be in a better mood this morning."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek. I really would like an explanation for how he was treating me last night. I sighed. "Fine, I'll go with you, hermione."

I kissed draco bye on the cheek, and followed her up to the gryffindor common room. The portrait of the fat lady swung open just as we approached it, and came face to face with harry himself.

"Hello." Hermione said, holding out the toast. "I brought you this... want to go for a walk?"

"Good idea." Harry said gratefully.

I hadn't said a word to him as we started walking down to the entrance hall. I kept my eyes forward, and my hands clasped behind my back.

"Y/n, I'm really sorry for how I treated you last night. It was very wrong of me. I was-"

I held my hand up, stopping him. "It's okay. I was just trying to help you."

"And I realize that now. I'm so-"

"Harry, it's fine, really."

We walked across the lawn towards the black lake, and harry told us all about the conversation in the chamber just off of the great hall.

"Well, of course, I knew you hadn't entered yourself." Hermione said. "The look on your face when dumbledore read out your name!"

"I'm pretty sure everyone saw that, hermione. They just want to think the worst." I muttered. "But the question is, who did put it in? Because moody's right, harry... I don't think any student could have done it... they'd never be able to fool the goblet, or get over dumbledore's-"

"Have you seen ron?" Harry interrupted.

"Yeah, he was at breakfast."

"Does he still think I entered myself?"

"I don't know. I was with draco at the slytherin table."

A muscle in his jaw twitched.

"I don't think so... not really." Hermione said awkwardly.

"What's that supposed to mean, not really?"

"Oh, harry, isn't it obvious?" I sighed. "He's jealous!"

"Jealous! Jealous of what? He wants to make a prat of j himself in front of the whole school, does he?"

"Look," Hermione said patiently. "it's always you who gets all the attention, you know it is. I know it's not your fault, I know you didn't ask for it... but - well - you know, ron's got all those brothers to compete against at home, and you're his best friend, and you're really famous - he's always shunted to one side whenever people see you, and he puts up with it, and he never mentions it, but I suppose this is just one time too many..."

"Last night, when I was leaving the great hall to go back to the common room, my cousin pulled me aside, and was exited when he found out I was friends with you." I stated. "I can't really blame ron for getting upset."

"Great." He said bitterly. "Really great. Tell him from me I'll swap any time he wants. Tell him from me he's welcome to it... people gawping at my forehead everywhere I go..."

I held a finger up. "One, I'm not an owl, two, I'm not telling him anything. Tell him yourself, it's the only way to sort this out."

"I'm not running around after him trying to make him grown up!"

"Oh, but you'll make hermione or I do it for you?"

"Look, maybe he'll believe I'm not enjoying myself once I've got my neck broken or-"

"That's not funny." Hermione said quietly. "That's not funny at all. Harry, I've been thinking - you know what we've got to do, don't you? Straight away, the moment we get back to the castle?"

"Yeah, give ron a good kick up the-"

"Write to sirius. You've got to tell him what's happened. He asked you to keep him posted on everything that's going on at hogwarts... it's almost like he expected something like this to happen. I brought some parchment and a quill out with me-"

"Come off it. He came back to the country just because my scar twinged. He'll probably come bursting right into the castle if I tell him someone's entered me for the triwizard tournament-"

"I never met him, but I would think that he'd want you to tell him." I said. "He's going to find out anyway-"

"How?"

"Harry, this isn't going to be kept quiet." Hermione told him. "This tournament's famous, and you're famous, I'll be really surprised if there isn't anything in the daily prophet about you competing... you're already in half the books about you know who, you know... and sirius would rather hear it from you, I know he would."

"Okay, okay, I'll write to him." Harry finally gave in.

He threw his last piece of toast in the black lake. The three of us waited for a moment before a tentacle rose out of the water and scooped the piece of food beneath the surface. Once it was gone, we went back into the castle. We passed through the doors, and an arm was immediately thrown around my shoulders.

"Hello, little cousin." It was sebastian. He looked to my friends. "May I steal her away from the two of you?"

Hermione blushed. "Of course."

"Thanks." He led me away from the two.

"What do you need, seb?"

"Can I not spend time with you? Let's go find your brother."

Sorry this was so short everyone!