𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙭𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙪𝙧𝙢𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜

One day, after our care of magical creatures class with the slytherins, we arrived in the entrance hall to find ourselves unable to proceed owing to the large crowd of students congregated there. They were all milling around a large sign which had been erected at the foot of the marble staircase. I stood on my toes and read the sign aloud for harry, ron and hermione.

"TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT. The delegations from beauxbatons and durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on friday 30th of october. Lessons will end half an hour early-"

"Brilliant!" Harry cut me off. "Potions is the last thing on friday! Snape won't have time to poison us all!"

I laughed and continued. "Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the welcoming feast." I did a little happy dancey dance. I can't wait to see sebastian! I really hope he gets to come, I'll have so much fun with him around.

"Only a week away!" Ernie macmillian said. "I wonder if cedric knows? Think I'll go and tell him..."

"Cedric?" Ron said blankly.

"Diggory." Harry said. "He must be entering the tournament."

"That idiot, hogwarts champion?"

I followed ron as he pushed his way through the crowd towards the staircase. "He's not an idiot, you just don't like him because he beat gryffindor in quidditch."

"Says the girl who's with someone like malfoy." He countered.

I ignored what he said. I'm not letting anyone hurt me, not even little comments from ron.

"I've heard he's a really good student - and he's a prefect." Hermione added.

"You only like him because he's handsome." Ron said scathingly.

"Excuse me, I don't like people just because they're handsome!"

Ron gave a loud fake cough. "Lockhart."

Oh, I remember that. Her crush on him was so huge that it was annoying. I, however, was never like that.

~

I don't think I've ever seen filch clean the castle so much in that week. Once, I stepped somewhere, and that was a big no no from filch. He yelled at me till he was blue in the face, saying that I tracked in so much dirt and now he was gonna clean the entire corridor all over again. And shall I point out all the other students walking around us? He's not saying a word to them, just me.

When I went down to breakfast on the morning of the thirtieth of october, I found that the great hall had been decorated overnight. Enormous silk banners hung from the walls, each of them representing a hogwarts house - red with a gold lion for gryffindor, blue with a bronze eagle for ravenclaw, yellow with a black badger for hufflepuff and green with a silver serpent for slytherin. Behind the teachers' table, the largest banner of all bore the hogwarts coat of arms: lion, eagle, badger and snake united around a large letter 'H'.

The four of us spotted fred and george at the gryffindor table. They were sitting apart from everyone else and conversing in low voices, which was weird for them. Ron led the way over to them.

"It's a bummer all right." George was saying gloomily to fred. "But if he won't talk to us in person, we'll have to send him the letter after all. Or we'll stuff it into his hand, he can't avoid us forever."

"Who's avoiding you?" Ron asked, sitting next to george.

"Wish you would." Fred said irritably.