𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙥

On Monday morning, hermione let out a huge gasp and flattened her copy of the daily prophet to reveal a large picture of dolores umbridge, smiling widely and blinking slowly at the four of us

I leaned closer and read the headline:

Ministry seeks educational reform

Dolores umbridge appointed

First ever high inquisitor

"Umbridge - 'High inquisitor'?" Harry said darkly. "What does that mean?"

"Fudge passed an educational decree, and basically forced the toad on us." I said, taking a bite of toast. "Now she has the power to inspect the other teachers and do as she pleases."

"How do you know this, y/n?" Ron asked.

"Last night, I was with draco in his dorm-"

"And what were you doing there?"

I raised a challenging eyebrow. "Wouldn't you like to know. Anyway, xavier came in, with a letter from my parents telling us about it."

Hermione's eyes were wide. "I can't believe this. It's outrageous!"

"I know it is." Harry agreed.

A grin slowly formed on ron's face.

"What?" I asked, staring at him.

"Oh, I can't wait to see mcgonagall inspected." Ron said happily. "Umbridge won't know what's hit her."

"Well, come on." Hermione said, jumping up. "We'd better get going, if she's inspecting binns's class we don't want to be late..."

But professor umbridge was not inspecting their history of magic lesson, which was just as dull as the previous monday, nor was she in snape's dungeon when they arrived for double potions.

Draco grinned when I approached our usual table. "Hello, love. How has your day been so far?"

"Better, now that you're around."

Draco stood to his feet and greeted me with a soft kiss. When he pulled away, I looked into his grey eyes, remembering how things were between draco and I before we knew each other. I was the luckiest girl in the world.

"Did you see the paper about professor umbridge?" Draco pulled my chair out for me.

"I did." I said. "But remember yesterday evening, when xavier came in telling us all about it?"