Chapter 27: Welcome to Octopia.

I was bird's-eye observing the valley, the whole crater looked like an unorganised slum with things that almost resembled my old neighbourhood but lees...whatever this whole floating place supposed to be. Gliding down to the outpost shack on lower levels of these odd sectors which looked distant from each other.

Zoe:"Hmm~"

Jack:"What you got?"

Zoe: "Tarobites worth of porn in local new network. You gonna love their creativity" she said in glee as I just sighed in frustration.

Not even a one hole goddamn minute on our first mission, and she is already making things difficult with her AI shenanigans...for crying out loud, digital woman!

Jack:"Zoe...Would you kindly remind me what I said about screaming to my ear?"

zoe:"That I shouldn't do it?"

jack: "And what did you do?"

zoe: "Exactly that)"

Jack: "Get the hint, you horny algorint of zeroes and ones?"

zoe: "...okay" she said while sounding like a sad toddler in school.

Jack: "Good grief, Now then, what do have on-"

zoe: "Yeah, about that. I see quite a lot of floating platforms based on hellven's tech"

jack: "Excuse me...What?"

The moment I said those words, Zoe did exactly the same trick with a voice changer like the last time, turning my questions into deafening echo...in the crater. I realized that my 'ACTUAL' voice echoed from every corner of the dome.

Jack: "Why!?...Why did you do that!?'' I exclaimed in a frustrating whisper before we were already in private mode.

Zoe: "To distract our enemy by making them do an emergency pants replacement if you catch my drift, he-he~. Also I thought to let her know that you're here already so no need to thank me~" she said while sounding like she did me a favor before I quickly told her that it might compromise our position of stealing and rescuing through stealth.

Then she replied with a girly 'whoopsie' kind of response...I know that we already had our talk when she mentioned her problem in the first place but, I'll have a more serious talk with her about this later.

Even if she is fully aware of what she's doing, she needs a leash. I mean what she did is good and it would've been better for a dire situation. But now? Right in the open for fuck sake? Sigh. I wonder tho, will she even come out once she actually heard my real voice? I sighed in the thought of her coming, but also not at the same time for the sake of her safety. And with that I landed on the platform as I saw Celine walking to me with a smile before she stopped right in front of me with a fist bump to share

I happily obliged and replied with the same manner while also saying good mornin. Zoe raised a tentacle for doing the same but I stopped her and told Celine that she is on a time out right now. Zoe just moaned sadly in a teasing tone while I just ignored her entirely; that'd be her punishment.

Celine:" Hah! I want to ask way but I think this just too good to know at this point"

Wraith: "Wouldn't be the first If that's going to be the case then" I said before she laughed a little while Zoe just huffed silently in response.

Celine:" So I heard some loud noise just now. You have any idea what that is?" she asked as I quickly figured she would ask that before Zoe took the lead again.

zoe: "Sorry celine~, my bad. I wanted to infiltrate on this new network here before I see a lot of interesting stuff if you know what I mean" she said in a sly tone at the end before she made some nudge nudge kind of noise as I saw Celine just looked away as if she already knew what zoe meant.