Chapter6: what's left of the world

I was finally out of the bunker and into the outside world, as I see only city ruins in the distance as it looked mostly destroyed on the far left. then I see a dry forest in the distance from far right, after that I looked back to the place I came out from. It was a small size building like I thought for sure... but I didn't think it will be THAT small.

Then I looked at the sky...Sigh.

It's good that the fabric of the sky hasn't changed one bit, as I formed a comforting smile on my face. The sky is orange and from the looks of things it's sunset as zoe described...but what about the air?

Jack:" zoe... is the air still clean?"

Zoe:" hang on"

She analysed the substance as she sucked it through gas mask.

Zoe:" yep. it's clean"

Jack:" good...now if you excuse me...I need moment"

Zoe:" take all the time you need...it's not like we have anything important to do anyway. hehehe~"

She said as she giggled from her little comment, I close my eyes and shake my head in amusement of how much personality she possessed, then I took my helmet off as I feel the wind blowing against my face.

This feels nice.

Then I take a long breath through my nose, as I consume the clean air into my lungs and replace the toxic metal smell out of my system. I breath for several minutes as I enjoy the neutral air around me.

I feel so much better.

Then I moved forward as I look my surroundings.

Jack:" good god ... everything is just ...gone"

I said in disbelieve as I kept walking and looked on the ground.

the ground is a soled sunset like coloured rock.

I remember the state was only land as far as the eye can see, the city was huuuuge and really big... not many people know about it but was a huge and successful city with a lot of people, then there is the forest ... some city folks say...or at least... dead city folks, that the forest is a cash crap of nature's food since the whole place was constructed for experiencing natures beauty and what has to offer. it's a nice place to get your mind off of things. It truly was a magnificent place.

now everything is just only a single foundation with nowhere to go.

I need to get out of here.

But how?

And were?

I stopped in the middle of the three areas of what's left of the foundation, looking around. I strach my head in confusion because I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which direction is north, so that I would know where I'm now... but I can't figure jack shit...god Damen it! ...if only if I had a compass!

unless.

I put the helmet back on, I have an idea... I don't if it'll work but... it's worth the shot anyway.

Zoe:" need something?"

Jack:" zoe, can you make a digital compass?"

Zoe:" of course I can!"

Jack:" NICE!"

Zoe:" ...But I need your help on this one"

Jack:" oh? ...how so?"

Zoe:" I need to pinpoint the position of north; all I want you to do is turn around by my instructions, that way can pinpoint all the derations from all areas. Then we will know where we are in no time"