Wike looked shocked.

"And why does dat bes?"

"Youse bes da designated driver."

Wike stared at his wife.

"Ifin dat bes a joke, den its bes a bad one and ifin youse bes serious, den youse losin' yer mind, woman. Wese lives like a five minute walk from da Pub."

Cindy rolled her eyes.

"Just can't bes jokin' with youse at all."

Wike stood up.

"Not when its comes to me beer, missus. Now ifin wese bes finished, Ise gots to get back to work. Wese got tons to do."

He slapped his brother on the shoulder.

"Come on, me son, dat steel won't weld itself."

The meeting was adjourned and everyone left. Most returned to work, while Bill and Matty walked to the Pub with Lindsay.

"I want to thank you for hiring Randi."

Lindsay laughed at Bill.

"Well Ise couldn't very well say no to da boss' friend."

"How is she working out?"

"Actually, she is a joy to have around. She is always in a good mood and she has no troubles with da men at all. She keeps dem in line pretty good."

Lindsay stopped at looked at Bill and Matty.

"And Ise haven't seen Val this happy, in a long time."

She took a deep breath.

"Still gettin' used to dis whole lesbian thing, but, at the end of the day, all I want is for my Val to be happy and she seems to be happy with Randi."

"How's Carl making out with all this?"

Lindsay laughed.

"Its like he's got another son. Not saying that Randi is like a man, its just that she's into sports and snowmobiles and hunting and fishing and she can keep up with the men when it comes to drinking."

Bill nodded.

"That sounds like her."

Lindsay started walking again.

"Da only sad part is, Ise don't see as much of my little girl, as I used to. She spends most of her time with Randi."

"I could talk to her," Bill suggested.

"Don't do that," Lindsay shook her head.

"I has to get used to this, on my own. Ise do like Randi. She bes a sweetheart."

Matty put her arm around Lindsay's shoulder.

"Look at it this way, Linny. You haven't lost a daughter, you've gained another one."