15: Fertile

"Yes?" I asked softly as I heard Marshall call to me. I turned just in time to see him sweep me into a hug.

"Agh!" I grunted, "You're gonna..... Kill me.." And he let me go, looking sheepish as I gasped in some air dramatically.

"Sorry....." He said, making me grin. "I guess I don't know my own strength." And he leaned down for a kiss. Which I willingly accepted with a grin. Then, he smiled, a look in his eye that I couldn't decipher.

"So, Julia told me something special....." He said, making me raise a brow. "Oh?" I asked, "And what would that be?" And he smirked, winking mysteriously.

"Not gonna tell you." He said, walking away with a smug bounce in his step. I raised a brow, then ran after him, tackling him to the ground. "No...." I said, hugging onto him. "You can't just drop that and leave. Tell me." And I bit my lip as I listened to him grunt into the grass.

"Alright, alright." He said, "I'll tell you....." And he got up, pulling me with him, as I was hanging onto him. I dropped to my feet on the ground as he said, "Come on." And shifted into his other form, taking off through the forest. I grinned and followed closely, running slower than I should have had to. But it seemed that he was taking it slow. I could feel him thinking, though I couldn't hear what he was thinking because we were not mated.

I ran a bit faster, just to tease Marshall. It was a bit funny the way he laughed in wolf form. Then, he ran ahead of me to the waterfall that was coming up.

I dashed faster and skidded to a stop as I felt him shift. Then, I trotted into the clearing that had been my favorite since childhood. Laid out on the ground was a blanket. It had a set of clothing and a picnic basket. If possible, my wolf would be blushing at the thought of its mate caring so much.

I shifted and quickly got dressed as I watched Marshall do the same. He took a seat, and I mirrored him. "Okay." I said, "I'm ready." And he smiled softly.

"Julia says that you are fertile." He said, "She said that you can have my babies."

It took a few minutes to sink in as I sat there. But the moment it did, I shrieked in happiness, launching myself onto him. I, of course, knew how it was possible. It was my parents fault. But I didn't care that it wasn't natural. I could have my mates pups. And I was ecstatic.