13. My Marshall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trinity's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran along side him, my heart racing, but not from exerting myself. I had always hidden my talents from the rest of my pack, and made myself seem weak. But I was not. I would run faster than even the packs Alpha. But my heart was still racing.

Because he wanted me.

I ran with adrenaline pumping through me veins, a smile plastered onto my face. We dashed through the forest at breakneck speed, myself occasionally glancing over at him. He looked so beautiful in the setting sun, his skin glowing. And my wolf was finally content after ten years of begging for me to go to my mate.

Everything was perfect.

And we ran. We ran as fast as we could, eager to make it back and make it official.

But, then, everything seemed to come to a stop as I sensed a vampire closing in on us. I had my shirt off in a second, transforming into a wolf, surprising my mate, who had not yet sensed the vampire. And when he did, it was too late.

I watched in horror as Marshall was tackled to the ground by a rouge vampire, claws slashing, blood spraying me. Then, I launched, my white coat a blur as I yanked the vampire from his back.

I snarled, my voice filled with rage as I tore the head off of the filthy leech. Then, I turned to my mate.

'NO!' He wolf screamed, seeing the blood that coated his chest. Marshall was gasping in pain, his hands clutching at his chest.

I drew closer, changing back to my human form and kneeling by him, just as Amos arrived. I laid a hand on the Alpha, my heart throbbing deeply in pain. We were connected, and my other half was in pain.

I whined and leaned down, doing something that was only done between mated pairs. Ones that were already bound by sex and marriage. I licked his chest, the metallic blood making my wolf yip at me to make it go away.

I watched as the deep puncture wounds started to slowly heal, knowing that I had committed an act that was so tabboo among werewolves that anyone who did it was usually made into an omega, a position that even the lowest of the werewolves looked down on. Amos watched me with concern as I continued to lick, fully aware of the outcome of my actions.

My wolf lamented over the fact that we would be shamed for saving our mate, even though he was going to die without us. Then, I slowly got up, watching the last of the skin seal itself. "Well....." I said, "I'm fucked." Marshall stood up and nodded lightly. Then he motioned for us to continue away from the body of the leech that had caused all of this.

I walked with my head down, utterly ashamed of myself for not figuring out a better solution. And yet, I could not bring myself to mourn so heavily with the taste of my mates blood on my lips, making my heart tingle.

I would just have to deal with losing my beta status, all for the sake of my mate.

My Marshall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marshall's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pain..... I felt pain. All I could comprehend was the searing pain in my chest, the wet feeling following. There was a weight there, like a person was on me, though my blurry eyes could not compensate. And then, It was gone. I blinked slowly, my vision taking its own sweet time to focus.

And all at once, I saw him. He was performing a sacred act. One that would land him in a place worse than he was before the beta test. Yet, I couldn't make myself force him to stop.

The feel of Trinity's tongue gliding across my skin was too amazing. Too wonderful that it drowned out the screams of my wolf, making me oblivious to the aftermath that would be my mates fate.

I felt the pain slowly fade, me heart fluttering in joy that my mate would break a major law to help me.....

Break..... A law....

I got to my feet, all of my worries flooding back at once. Then, we took off running again, keeping all of our thoughts to ourselves. We reached the pack and immediately were met with a parade of girls who had waited for nearly four days to 'become my mate' as one put it.

I could literally feel the rage pouring off of Trinity in waves, tough his face was perfectly smooth. I pushed my way through the crowd of girls, making my way to the Alpha house. Amos and Trinity followed close behind and we all entered, shutting out the crazy women.

I shook my head and made me way up to the council room. With a small smile, I wrapped an arm around Trinity, giving him a hug before walking in. I'd never been one for knocking, and it had slowly turned into a normal thing. So, they locked the door when they didn't want me to hear something. I walked right in and beamed at my father, who raised a brow in return, having not seen Trinity standing in the door way.

"I found my mate." I said, making his skeptical look melt into one of joy. "Oh? Where is she?" He asked, repeating those fateful words from ten years ago. I smiled softly, ducking my head. "HE, is right there." I stepped to the side, allowing my fathers gaze to rest of the boy. He was leaning against the door frame, his small body perfect. And I loved every bit of him.

He slowly stood upright and walked in, dipping his head. "Hello, again, sir." He said, meeting the gaze of my father head on. Something not many people were brave enough to do. I grinned at the balls that my mate carried as he faced down my father, ignoring the looks of the rest of the council.

Then, his confidence dropped as my father leaned forward and sniffed at him. "You two already mated?" He asked, clearly befuddled. I looked down, then said, "Uhm...... Not exactly....."

"Then why does he smell so strongly of you?" The Alpha asked and Trinity dipped his head, fearing what was to come.

"There was a vampire...... I was going to die...... He had no choice....." I watched my fathers face go from confusion, to clarity, to sadness. "Oh......" He said, fully knowing what had to be done. Trinity started to shake as I pulled him close. "Shhh....." I cooed. "It's going to be alright....."

He shook his head and I glanced pleadingly at my father, "Isn't there anything you can do? He did save the life of the Alpha heir....."

Alpha Greg looked thoughtful. Then he sighed.

"There is one solution..... But you're not going to like it....."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRINITY TO THE SIDE.