6. Vampires

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trinity's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran as fast as I could, the border under a mile away. My muscles screamed in time with my aching heart. All I could think about was breaking the ties that held me to the one person that I could never be with. That I could never touch. I could never look him in the eyes, or smell the musk of his body right after hunting. I could never act out my fantasies and run my hands over his chest. I could never have a mate. And it hurt..... so badly.

I stopped as I heard a twig snap, fully expecting a wolf to come out of the woods at any moment. Finally, I kept running, dashing quickly towards the barrier. Then, I froze, mid-stride as I heard the sound of nails ripping through a tree. Stopping and looking around, I just barely caught glimpses of fleeting shadows, running through the forest.

As I shivered in fear, my body felt a chill right behind me, and I swung around. Only to face nothing. With wide eyes, I backed up a few feet, smacking hard into a slab of solid rock. My hands flew behind me to feel, freezing when it moved.

I tried to leap away from the creature that I had now identified as a Vampire, though I was roughly stopped by arms like steel, wrapping around my torso. "L-Lemme go!" I shrieked, hoping to alert any wolves in the area of the threat.

The man smirked, then said, "I don't think so, Princess." And I was smacked on the head, everything going black a moment later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vampire's POV: (To be named later)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched from the woods as a small boy ran by, his obviously bleached hair flying out behind him. I smirked as my other friends did things to scare him. Sounds, shadows, and fear. With a grin, I stepped out, moving behind him to scare him. The small werewolf backed right into my chest, and I felt him stiffening, the fear rolling off of him in waves.

We exchanged a few words before I hit him, making the boy lose consciousness. It was actually happening. I finally had my own werewolf. Of course, I'd had one before, but never one that was a teenager.

I picked the boy up bridal style and smirked as the rest of my friends walked out of the woods to join me. "Good job." I said to then, earning myself a smirk or two. Werewolf blood was my favorite kind, as it was hard to get, and had a very delicious taste. Usually, the blood was better if the wolf had the alpha bloodline. But everyone knew how hard THAT was to get hands on. So I decided to settle for this little beauty when I saw him running. "I do wonder why he was running......"

One of the females scoffed and said, "You don't need to know his life story. He is food. Use him as such and don't get to know him. You'll only feel bad about drinking from him, and you'll nearly starve. AGAIN." I sighed softly and then smiled, "Okay.... But you have to wonder." My question was answered as a large wolf came barreling through the trees, obviously in search of someone. With a smirk, I turned to that the wolf could only see the small werewolf's feet, then we disappeared.

A moment later, we were in my mansion, and all of the other vampires disbursed to their own room and their own blood slaves, leaving me alone with the boy. I jogged up to my bedroom, the largest in the house, at a human speed. Then, I set the boy gently down on the bed, working quickly to cuff his limbs to the bed, snapping a silver collar around his neck.

After that, I waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marshall's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dashed through the woods, avoiding any low handing branches with quick maneuvers. As I ran, my heart thumped, desperately hoping that my mate, my true love, would not escape me. I hoped that she would not abandon me, hoped with everything in me. I didn't even know her, but I wanted to marry her already, as that was how much I loved her.

As I ran, I heard a scream, the words blurring due to the wind in my ears.

My body automatically turned and I ran towards the sound, my legs carrying me quickly.

I burst into the clearing, just in time to see a group of seven Vampires, one carrying a small female, by the looks of the feminine feet. 'MATE.' My wolf growled, and I launched. Right into thin air. 'NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!' I screamed in my head, shifting back to human. "This can't be happening....." And I dropped to my knees, pounding a fist on the ground. "NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I screamed it, just as several other werewolves skidded to a stop in the clearing, all looking at their Alpha on his knees, clearly upset. I stood and held out my hand, quickly rewarded by a pair of sweats from a wolfs mouth.

I slipped them on and growled softly, making an announcement, "Vampires... took my mate. They have taken what is mine, and will pay for it dearly!" And I stalked off, my raging mood warding off anyone who would have followed.

I went a ways, then stripped back down and shifted, picking the sweats back up in my mouth. After that, I took off running as fast as possible, my heart throbbing so hard that even letting lose and howling did not help. As I came to a stop, I looked to the left, greeted by Amos in human form.

"Hey there, Marshall....." He said softly, seemingly thinking hard. I shifted and put on the pants, then crossed my arms. "What?!" I growled. "Uhm......" He began and I leaned against the tree. "So, what's going on?" And I gave him the rundown, watching his eyes flicker with sadness, anger, curiosity, and amusement.

"I've got nothing....." He said, making my heart drop. Amos always had a solution. But always just ended.