2. If only they knew....

Today, he was regretting the fact that he had stayed after classes to help the art professor clean up. Today, he was regretting that he had missed the public bus.  Today, he was regretting that he took a shortcut through the back alleys to get home. Because today, he couldn't avoid his bully and crew anymore.

"You're a worthless piece of shit!" The black haired male said, snarling into his face. Trinity was the small blonde with the wide eyes and trembling hands.
He growled as no response came from Trinity's mouth, sending his foot where the sun don't shine.
He doubled over on his knees, not making a sound even as the pin radiated in waves through his body.
Any admission of pain would double the strength of the next hit, sadistic bastard.
As the man knelt down once more, his right hand lackey said, "Yo, Nick, don't you think we should get out of here before someone sees us?" And the leader growled, "Not until I put this little wimp in his place."

He was kicked in the stomach, a small whimper leaving my lips at the full pounding pain. Of course, he could outrun any of these guys, but Trinity knew that they would get him eventually. Then the beating would be worse just for making them chase him.
"Please stop....." He whimpered, coughing and trying to catch his breath.

"Did you here that, boys?" Nick asked, "He wants us to stop." Then he smirked, "Stop what, little bastard? Stop..... Going easy? Stop..... Letting you live? You're going to have to be more specific...."
Trinity exhaled slowly, bracing himself for the next vicious kick. When it didn't come, he looked up, only to receive the kick directly in the face. Tumbling back a few feet, Trinity came to a stop at the feet of a tall, well dressed dressed man. It took him a moment, but he lifted his head to see the mans face.
It was Marshall.

"Fuck." He said, dragging himself to his feet. Marshall reached a hand out to help and Trinity yanked back, scrambling back toward Nick and his gang.
"Don't touch me!" He cried, keeping his eyes low. His best friend, a beta, stepped forward and glared at me. "Do not disrespect your alpha!" He barked, making me shy away.

Then, Marshall smiled softly, "Calm down, Amos. He is most likely afraid of what will happen to him." Damn right I was. With that, I took off running, shoving my way through my bullies. They seemed surprised that I was more afraid of the alpha's son than I was them. 'If only they knew....' I thought as I dashed off.

Behind me, I heard Marshall telling Amos to follow and make sure I was alright. With wide eyes, I dashed faster, my legs carrying me as quickly as possible away from the group. 'Oh shit. Oh fuck.....' I chanted, outrunning the beta as I hit the forest. Finally, I stopped running, confident that I lost the larger male, and collapsed against a tree to tend my wounds as the adrenaline wore off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marshall's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the school bell rang, I slowly picked up my books, putting them in my bag. With a small smile, I thanked the teacher, walking out of the room. With a smile, I breathed the fresh air deeply, walking towards the table that seated my beta friends. With a grin, I sat down and motioned for one of the girls to come forward.

I grasped her hand for a moment, closing my eyes. Then, I reopened them and gave a disappointed shake of my head, motioning the next girl. One by one, I grasped the hands of all of the girls that had come to meet me today, none of them proving to be my mate. With a groan, I leaned my head back against the table and closed my eyes, listening to the encouraging words of my best friend, and top beta, Amos.

"I know that she's out there....... She has to be...." And then I slowly stood, rubbing the bridge of my nose. As I did so, I watched a small blonde haired boy run across the campus. It was not often that you saw students staying late, as it was the night of the full moon. "Who is that?" I asked, having seen him before, but never learning of him. With a small chuckle, Amos said, "THAT, is Trinity Shadowlair." He held a small smirk. "That boy is the weakest of the weak here, not being able to do nearly anything for himself."

As my beta, it was Amos' job to know about every wolf in the pack. "His parents died right in front of him when he was six, and he was taken in by his neighbor, who then joined our pack." I listened intently, "He is an honors student here, and always helps people in some way. A very kind-hearted boy, which is why his physique is so disappointing." I nodded lightly, watching him disappear off of campus. "Well, he certainly seems interesting...." And I got up, eyes widening. "He's taking the back alleys. That's where nick and his gang always hand out....." The rest of my beta's stood and nodded, understanding my worry.

!!!!!!!

Time skip:

!!!!!!!

I watched the boy get beaten into the ground, rolling to a stop at my feet. With a frown, I glared at Nick, using my Alpha blood to scare the burly man. Then, I looked down at the boy with gently eyes, reaching a hand to help him up. As he skittered back, I watched with interest as he avoided my touch and gaze. Then, I stopped my beta from advancing, watching the boy carefully. With a small smile, I told Amos to go after the boy that had bolted, wanting to make sure that he was okay.

I turned to Nick and raised a brow. Fifteen minutes later, he was on the ground, unable to move without screaming in pain. He would heal quickly of course, as he was a werewolf, but it was still painful.

I looked up as Amos came jogging back. "I lost him." The beta said, and my jaw dropped, along with everyone else's. "How?" We all questioned at once. "He's fast. Even with a limp....." The male shook his head and I tilted mine. "We need to find him. He should be a beta if he's really faster than you....." Amos grinned, "Heck yeah." And pumped his fist in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trinity's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a wince, I got up, walking back to my house slowly. My chest hurt like hell as my heart throbbed. Then, my wolf scratched at the surface once again, trying to get me to go back to me mate. I shook my head and tried to reason with it. "I can't.... He could have us discarded....." I knew that my wolf would not see things my way, so I just kept walking, my injuries healing quickly.

As I walked into my house, Julia called from the kitchen, "Trinny, you're late." I smiled at the nickname that had stuck and shook my head, "Sorry, I ran into some trouble." With that, she poked her head out and clucked at me. "You should stop missing the bus so often." I smiled. This had become a regular thing, and I didn't mind it as much, because I always got to soak in the bath afterwards. So I just said, "Some hooligans were making trouble in art class, so I stayed to help clean. It's not a big deal." And I snagged a cookie, smiling when she protested.

"C'ya, Julia, I'm going to go do my homework now!" And I dashed up to my room, closing the door. Immediately, I turned and my eyes widened, seeing Amos, the alphas right hand man. "Uhm..... H-hi." I stuttered, fearing that I'd messed up.

"We need to talk." The male said, crossing his arms.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARSHALL TO THE SIDE