5. Crazy Lady....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marshall's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As several of the other males got up, from their seats on the ground, to run after Trinity, I stared at the place that he had disappeared through in utter shock. Finally, Amos grinned, "Well, I think we all agree that HE is going to be a Beta......" There were several, "Fuck yes"'s and "Not shit"'s. I smiled softly and said, "Alright, we can tell him later. We have to score the rest of the testers first." And I hunched over my paper, occasionally glancing up at the different competitors.

About ten minutes later, there was a throb of pain in my chest, and I frowned, looking at it. Nothing seemed to be wrong, so I shrugged and went back to scoring. A minute later, a stronger throb burst through my chest, eliciting a small yelp from me. My Beta's looked at me and I just shook my head, going back to writing.

Then, a sharp pain stabbed through me, sending my hands up, breath coming in gasps. Amos was on his feet in a moment, checking my vitals. All at once, I blacked out.

************************************************************

DREAMLAND: MARSHALL'S POV:

************************************************************

'She's running......' Came my first thought, as I watched from her perspective. 'My mate......' My heart throbbed as I watched her run quickly. 'Why doesn't she want me?' I wondered, 'Am I not good enough?' She stumbled lightly and my heart jumped, willing her not to be hurt. As she got back up, her delicate hands pushing her out of the dirt, my wolf whined.

'Mate.' It said, yearning for her. I agreed and wished with all of my heart that I could see her face. 'Where is she going?' I wondered, unable to move, or see anything that she was not looking at.

I whined along with my wolf and yearned to touch her. All of a sudden, she dropped to her knees and her hands clenched her chest. As my mate looked down at her chest, I smiled softly, 'Obvious A-cup....' And my wolf growled at me. 'Mate.' It said, mad at me. A moment later, she got back up and started to run through the forest. All at once, I realized where she was going and my heart throbbed, 'NO!' I mentally screamed, trying to get her to stop. 'NO, don't leave me.....' And I whined again, my wolfs cries drowning in the sound of my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to reality: Marshall's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gasped awake, my eyes flying open. Immediately, they focused on the people that stood above me. Amos, my father, four other Beta's, and the pack doctor. I jumped up, against the protests of the doctor. Then, I wiped the sheen of sweat from my forehead and put a hand out on the desk in front of me to steady my tipsy self.

After a moment, I said, "Mate." And the doctors eyes widened, "Did she die?!" He asked, and I shook my head, bringing immediate relief to the faces around me. I took a deep breath as my head swam, then said, "She's leaving the pack." Everyone sucked in a breath. It was excruciatingly painful for both sides of the couple when one of them left the pack, and it severed all of natures ties when the wolf did so.

"She's fast." I said, "We need Trinity." And I stood straight, bolting out the door quickly. "Amos, you get him!" I called back, running straight for the only way out of our boundaries. A few moments into my run, I shifted into a wolf and took off on all fours, dashing into the forest quickly. I stumbled as the pain shot through my chest again, but kept running a moment later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amos' POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked to Marshall as he let out a small sound, raising a brow. Even as he shook it off and continued to write, I watched him. A moment later, I rushed over, looking up at him with worried eyes. This man before me, meant everything to me. He had been my best friend for years, and I wasn't about to stand by and watch him be in pain. I caught the male as he collapsed, he eyes widening. Then, I started shouting orders, drawing the attention of the doctor who had come to help the testers that were injured.

One of the beta's ran to get Alpha Greg who appeared minutes later, bursting in as the doctor worriedly check vitals. As the doctor hurried and the rest of us chewed our lips nervously, watching the sick looking man in front of us.

All of a sudden, he gasped and sat up, looking around in confusion. He stood shakily and swallowed as I watched him grip the table. My eyes widened as he started talking, and I said, "Shit....." Then ran after the slightly tipsy alpha, going to keep him safe.

I stopped and looked at him as he disappeared into the forest, nodding once before I took off towards Trinity's house.

Knocking on the door frantically, I waited until the old woman opened the door. "I need Trinity." I demanded, and she nodded slightly, motioning me inside. "Let's, you and me, have a chat....." She said, walking over to the couch. I groaned and said, "I don't have time, there's an emergency with the alpha's ma-" She cut me off with a glare, "Now." The woman spoke, her voice having absolute authority. I nodded lightly and sat on the couch.

"It's been ten years since Marshall had the affirmation. Ten years since he touched his mates hand......." I nodded as the woman spoke. "And, that being said.... Why has he not found his mate yet?" She asked, crossing her ankles.

I stared at her for a moment, then sighed and said, "That day, she ran. She moved from her house, to somewhere else, and we haven't been able to find her. She may have moved out to the woods, or something....." I groaned softly, "Look, Marshall just had a vision of her trying to leave the pack. This is the farthest we have gotten to finding her since Marshall saw her running away that day."

The old woman nodded and said, "Is it possible..... That you have been searching in all the wrong places? All the wrong people?" She smiled softly, making me frown. "We have checked every black haired female that we have ever come across....." I furrowed my brows as she clucked her tongue. "There is such a thing as hair dye, silly boy...." And my eyes widened. "How did we not think about that?" And she smiled knowingly. "Now, what will you do if Marshall's mate does not WANT to be found?"

I looked at her, then narrowed my eyes. "I don't see who not..... She is the mate to the damn ALPHA." And she chuckled, "Maybe, the mate does not feel that they are worth it. Maybe they are afraid of being discarded....." And I scoffed, "As if Marshall would do that to any woman....."

"Maybe he would not do it to any woman.... That is where you are correct....." She said, giving it some thought. "But then, what if the Alpha's mate...... Is not a woman?" And she got up. "You may go now." I opened my mouth to protest and she growled in a frightening voice, even for a little old woman. "GO!" She said, and I hurried out.

"Crazy lady....." I muttered as I walked away. "I heard that!" Julia sang cheerfully, making me jump.