9: crush

Chapter 9

You would assume that everything went fine after that.

You assumed wrong.

I definitely did not miss getting up at 5 AM for volleyball practice. I mean, who does?

Well, maybe it is also my fault, just maybe, it's not my entire fault. But there has been a chaotic group call last night, since a hyperactive owl endlessly spammed you three until you yield. It's supposed to be a simple "how you doin'?" and "when are you gon' visit here?" kind of talk. But I must have slipped something about joining the volleyball club again as a manager.

And so, that lead to an extension of 2 hours. Two excruciating hours of story telling from yours truly. I can even feel my slightly sore throat from all the talking. But nonetheless, it was an eventful night.

This is definitely not an eventful morning though. You just hate waking up early. Why wake up at the brink of dawn if you can wake up to the sun shining on your window?

"Hey [Nickname]! What's taking you so long?" you heard one of the Miyas banging on your front door. What's their deal? It's not like they don't have a key to this house.

"Why do I have to go? I'm not even a player" you whined. You really hated this part of being a manager. You can wash water bottles, put their stinky clothes in the laundry, but waking up early? That's asking for too much.

"Come on! You do this everyday the last time you were our manager!" 'Tsumu shouted back at you. You winced at the volume of his voice.

"That's a long time ago, you jerk!" you screamed back. 'Samu just sighed at the two of you, like the mom that he is.

"Stop bickering and let's go" he calmly said,

"Says the one who bickers with 'Tsumu often" you mumbled. Osamu looked at you with semi-scary (there's no way you're going to admit that you were scared) eyes,

"What were you saying?"

"Absolutely nothing."

"Is it true that you're courting [Surname]-san, Atsumu?"

The three of you were welcomed with this question from the Inarizaki Ace. You rolled your eyes at Atsumu's stupidity and answered,

"No, he isn't. Besides, even if he is- " you paused slight and looked at the whole team, who's waiting for your answer, "I like someone else already."

You made your way to the laundry room, ignoring the chaos that you left behind.

"You have a crush?!"

"Who?! Who is it?!"

"Definitely not you, 'Tsumu"

"Well- it's not you either!"

"You two don't know who it is? Lame~" a lazy voice rang out from the twins' loud voices. Two Miyas immediately whipped their heads at the 2nd-year middle blocker

"YOU KNOW?!" 'Tsumu yelled, his voice echoing in the gym

"Stop creating a ruckus, Atsumu. Go stretch." Atsumu tensed visibly when he heard the captain's voice and went rapidly to stretch. Coward.

You had a little peace of mind when the twins went to do their stretches but as you set down your bag on the bench, Suna made his way to you with a lazy grin.

"So~ how's it going?"

"How's what doing?" you replied feigning innocence. You turned away from him hoping that he would drop the issue. But what did you expect? Obedience? This is Suna Rintaro we are talking about.