19: shiratorizawa

Chapter 19

"Hey, 'Samu! I found him" you heard Atsumu's voice before you even open the metal doors to the gym. This made you sigh out of relief that you finally found your destination. The game probably already started and you're going to get a lot of scolding from the coaches and Kita, but you're just thankful at the moment that you found your team already.

"What are you talking about 'Tsumu? You're being annoying again!" Osamu yelled back to his twin, to which the yellow-head setter answered with,

"Its Shirabu Kenjirou!" With that name, you immediately froze. Are you freaking kidding me?

You hurriedly opened the metal door with a loud screech, making everyone look at your direction. Good. Their attention is away from the idiot twins.

"I'm so sorry I'm late! I was lost and my battery died! On the bright side, I got our bandages!" you made a show of lifting your arm that hold the plastic bag with bandage tapes in it. 

"Oi [Name]! Are you an idiot? Going off alone like that!" Atsumu pulled his attention from Shirabu and directed it to you,

"Don't call me an idiot, that's you, and I have Kita-san's permission to buy them at the nearest convenience store!" you defended yourself. You and Atsumu glared at each other with outmost irritation, when a cold voice interrupted.

"You screaming will no longer do anything about it Atsumu, that was unnecessary." Atsumu immediately shivered as Kita directed his gaze at him. He grumbled out lowly and went back to the bench. 

Kita, then, moved his eyes to yours and you smiled sheepishly,

"Hi, Kita-san... I'm back?" you said hesitantly. Kita's critiques always gets to you, because they're always true and harsh.

"And yes [Name], I gave you permission to go to the convenience store, but you also told me that you don't need someone to accompany you because you have your phone for navigation. I guess both of those are false?" Everybody within hearing range shivered with the words he uttered.

So harsh!

You hang your head in shame and apologized in a small voice. You were waiting for a tirade of words to scold you but you just felt a hand drop on your head and pat you. You looked up and see Kita looking down at you in relief.

"We're just glad you arrived safely. Don't travel or go anywhere alone again. Understood?" you giddily smiled and nodded happily.

"Unfair. Why does she get the soft scolding while I get a harsh one?" Atsumu grumpily says. You just faced him and put your tongue out childishly to taunt him.

Kita proceeds to talk to Ushijima, who is the captain of Shiaratorizawa, "We apologize for the delay. Our manager was lost awhile ago so we were all worried. You can expect our full concentration now."

Ushijima just nodded but Tendou said, "Are you saying we wouldn't be in the lead right now if you guys are in full concentration~? I didn't peg you to be the type, Kita-kun~" he said teasingly

Kita Shinsuke is a man of surprises, so instead of getting riled up like other normal athletes (Atsumu coughs) he just looked straight into Tendou's eyes and replied,

"Please don't twist my words. I didn't mean anything by it. Perhaps it was you who thought that. Then, let's continue the match,"

Throughout the match, you can't help but glance at Shirabu Kenjirou. It can't be helped. It's been so long since the last talk the two of you had. It seems he's still playing volleyball, and he found someone he wants to toss to. A simple, pure strength that no one can deny.