1: meat bun and onigiri

Chapter 1

It's a normal day for you, you just woke up a little late than usual, ate lesser breakfast then usual, walked to school slower than usual. Okay maybe it's not that normal of a day, it seems like it's telling you to be wary of something.

"[Name]-chan! I've been waiting for you!" a black-haired girl was waiving frantically outside the door of your classroom. Akane Ryuji, she's what you consider your closest friend. Ever since the start of your 3nd year in middle school up until now that you're in 1st year high school, you two have been friends. So there's no lying when people say that you are Ryuji's best friend. However, the same might not be the case for you.

"Sorry Ryu-chan, my alarm betrayed me today and left me sleeping for another 10 minutes" you replied. She smiled brightly at you to indicate it's fine and went on ahead to rant off about how unfair it is that the cupcakes she bought yesterday was missing atleast one or two sprinkles on it. I don't even know how she knew that.

Just as you were going to enter your classroom, the hallway was filled with screams and shrieks. You inwardly sighed as you know what's coming.

There they are. All in their glory, Miya Atsumu and Miya Osamu. Just behind them are Suna Rintaro, who's scrolling through his phone, and Ginjima Hitoshi, who seems to be the only person sane in the group.

"The Miya twins are here!"

"They're looking handsome as ever!"

"Osamu-kun! Did you have your breakfast already?"

You softly laughed at this comment. Come on, as if that man will ever step outside the house without digging in two bowls of rice

You immediately regret it as your laugh seems to catch the attention of the identical twins as shifted their eyes on you. You looked at both of them alternately, your smile dropping at the process. Atsumu frowned the moment your lips were set on a thin line but still held the eye-contact he was having with you.

Not having enough courage to actually participate in what can be viewed as a staring contest, you were the first to look away and walked inside you classroom.

Maybe it's because you're not looking anymore or maybe it was out of instinct, but the moment you looked away from the both of them, the mood around the Miya twins saddened as they sighed. This does not escape Suna, who just looked up from his phone as he felt a gloomy aura in front of him.

"What's up with you two? One second you're happy because there's so many people in the hallways just to see you and the next thing you go sulking" he says. The twins looked at him passively for a whole minute and sighed once again.

"Yeah I thought so too..." Atsumu lowly whispered

"But the one that matters doesn't care" Osamu continued just as low as the other

If Suna and Gin weren't actually trying to listen to what they're saying, they probably would've missed the words and the hidden emotion under it.

Sadness. Regret. Longingness.

The twin's mood didn't seem any better as lunch arrived, even Osamu, who's always looking forward to this time of the day, doesn't have the appetite to eat something. Like that could ever happen. So as first instinct, Ginjima Hitoshi, who is unfortunate enough to share the same class as the twins, immediately messaged Suna who's first instinct is to tell the captain of their volleyball team, Kita Shinsuke.

That's exactly why the whole Inarizaki Volleyball Club found themselves in the school's field, in a circle under a shade of the tree. Everybody keeps shooting glances at the twins who are now under the mercy of their captain.