5: mistake

Chapter 5

After the three of you left the gym with the other Fukurodani members, nothing was heard but silence. Well, it just happened in minutes but the whole conversation just seeped away everyone's energy to actually think if all of that happened. The silence, however, was broken by a certain blonde Miya.

"Hey 'Samu, I'm a big fat jerk, aren't I?" Atsumu randomly asked after seeing you leave the gym together with Bokuto and Akaashi.

When he was met with silence, he looked at his brother's direction and saw him, together with the whole Inarizaki Volleyball Club looking at him, very shocked at his words.

The peace was short-lived when Osamu and Suna glanced at each other before laughing out loud.

"So you are aware that you're a jerk, 'Tsumu!" Osamu said still in between laughs with Suna, who's now probably tweeting the situation at his Atsumu bash account.

"That's supposed to be us, you know. I shouldn't have been a prideful brat."

Osamu immediately stopped laughing at what his twin brother said. Suna also stopped typing at his phone and peeked at the two of you.

Osamu sighed loudly, also looking at the gym doors silently wishing to see you there, waiting for them to finish practice and walk home together.

"I know, you jerk. I shouldn't have let you handle it."

Osamu prides himself for being the more rational one than his twin. But he is a Miya. And Miya's are quite known for being prideful. He was a bit hurt by what happened, probably he was rubbed off by Atsumu's childishness. He should have done something about it when he saw the signs of the first crack of your relationship.

He saw you keep throwing glances at him and his brother every time you cross paths. He saw how his brother have an internal conflict with himself on what to do but always result to a conclusion of ignoring or avoiding you.

He saw you also glancing your way, hoping that at least he would talk to you. But then again, he is his brother's twin. So he just smiled sadly at you and followed Atsumu.

That was Osamu's mistake.

Especially when his idiotic brother keeps throwing rocks at the slowly shattering friendship. Especially since you also showed signs of giving up. He saw a glass cracking under harsh blows, one damaging more than the other.

You were giving up. On them. On your friendship with them. On the dream the three of you have.

He should have talked to you when Atsumu didn't. Instead, he put his trust to his brother that he'll pick his pitiful self up and fix things.

His brother did pick himself up. But it was too late. The glass shattered already, spilling water in between you and them. It has only been a few days, a week at most, but the distance already became as wide as an ocean.

"You can hate me you know." Osamu was pulled out of his thoughts by Atsumu. Everyone else seemed to bother themselves with their own business so they can talk freely.

They thought.

Suna was still open ears to their conversation. He has a feeling it concerns you. The twins were acting weird lately and if he's to trace where it started, it can all connect to you.

" Yeah, you bet I wanna punch your ugly face. But what can I do? I also made a mistake." Osamu replied to his twin. Atsumu fully faced his brother and stated something that no one could ever imagine will come out from his mouth.