14: itachiyama [part 2]

Chapter 14

"You're here, Sakusa-san"

After greeting you, he went back to looming over the sink. He has this dark aura of disgust around him. You leaned slightly, but still far away from the spiker, and saw him glaring to a sponge right beside the faucet.

"Sakusa-san... are you okay?" you hesitantly asked,

He whipped his head towards you, disgust clearly written in his face

"Of course I am not okay. Can you see that?" He pointed at the lone sponge as if it is the greatest abomination in the whole world.

"I don't know how dirty our manager is, that makes him think it is okay for the sponge to be put in an ambiguous place where germs can cultivate." He proceeds to send another repulsed look.

What is this situation? you inwardly laughed. One of the Top 3 Spikers is right here in front of you, no aura of intimidation what-so-ever, just pure annoyance coming out of him - all because of an unclean sponge.

"Just use this..." Sakusa's attention was caught when he saw you bringing out two unopened disposable sponge and a dishwashing liquid that is his favorite brand, that means it's certified and verified by scientists and doctors.

"Kita-san is adamant in keeping things clean and proper so that the team wouldn't get unnecessary sickness. That's why he recommended these..." you hastily explained. His over-all mood seems to be lighter when he started washing his water bottle very meticulously. You proceeded to wash the water bottles of your team in silence.

"I'm asking this in pure curiosity... but are you really an Anti-Atsumu?" you asked him. He just glanced for a second and continued rinsing his bottle.

"You see... if you really do, you must have a reason and we can resol-" you were cut off when Sakusa fully turned to you,

"I don't hate him. I just don't like most people and germs and unfortunately, it seems like he's both." he said straightly like he didn't just insult the setter by insinuating that he's a germ.

"To put you at ease, it's just a joke... well some of it." he finished. You just nodded and went back to your work. Once again, Sakusa is intensely staring at some thing past you. 

You looked at what he was gazing at and saw the water refilling station. You finished rinsing all the bottles so the next thing to do is to refill them with water before going back to the gym, but why is this person not refilling his?

You looked back and forth to Sakusa and the station a couple of times to find the reason for his attitude. Finally, you noticed something missing from the water station. You went back to your team's water bag and pulled out the much needed equipment.

"Here you go, Sakusa-san"

The must-have item: water filter

Sakusa must have trust issues with his own school's water supply that is why he is hesitant to refill his bottle with unfiltered drinking water. You can say that Kita is similar, especially when there are articles over the internet regarding unsanitary water filtering stations.

"A lifesaver..." Sakusa lowly uttered but you didn't manage to hear it,

"What were you saying, Sakusa-san?" 

"You can drop the honorifics. Afterall, we are in a same club," he suggested. You immediately agreed and also told him to call you by your first name.

"Nice to meet you then, [Name]"

"What took you so long?" Osamu asked as you entered the gym. Behind you, Sakusa set the bag of water bottles down the floor beside you and went back to his teammates. You can see from your peripheral view that he's talking (intimidating) to their manager and captain.

"Oho, what's this interaction?" Suna teased, his hands bending up and down to the sports bag and to Sakusa.

"I bumped into Sakusa at the water station, he was having a staring contest with a sponge" you slightly chuckled.

"I gave him one of our disposable sponge for him to use, since he looked like he would rather lose the match than washing his bottle with it." you explained,

"You do realize that the sponges you brought are exactly matched with how many times you have to wash the bottles right?" Atsumu brought up the topic and further ranted about how you didn't want to waste the team supplies from Hyogo so you calculated and counted the number of equipment until the last number.

You internally panicked after realizing that you did counted those sponges exactly and you were about to be one sponge short for the Miyagi matches.

"You can just reuse one of the sponges, it's not much of a big deal" Atsumu carelessly said. Beside him, Osamu and Suna were signing him to stop what he was saying, "I mean, why can't you just reuse the sponge? Or rather, just wash the bottle at the end of the match itself, not during half time..."

"Because it's dirty!" you exclaimed. It seems like you said it rather loudly since the whole team and some of Itachiyama's players are set on you and Atsumu.

"No, it's not! It's called resourcefulness!" Atsumu rebutted,

"No! That's called unhygienic, unsanitary, and unhealthy!" you shot back. Kita and Sakusa were nodding their heads at what you said. Atsumu was about to reply but Kita cut him off,

"You can just buy one at Miyagi, don't worry about it." he said to you. What he said processed in your mind and you became calm.

I seriously need some rest. I can't think straight. 

"Yes, of course I can... What's wrong with me? I panicked all of a sudden," you asked Suna in a whisper. He just snickered and shot back,

"Maybe it's because you're excited to see your crush~" he grinned so wide that you think his lips would rip apart. Seriously, why does he find the energy for teasing and blackmailing other people, but not for volleyball instead?

"What kind of nonsense is that?" you incredulously exclaimed,

"By the way, you owe me a secret about that crush of yours~" he mentioned your promise of 'letting him on a secret' if he starts on the second set.

"What do you want to know? I'll tell you after the match,"

"I want to know which setter is it!" he answered quickly

"But I thought you already knew who is it?!" you were shocked. After all, it was Suna who caught you stalking the Instagram account of that person

"I just saw the 'Shiratorizawa Volleyball Team' at that time, the profile name was hidden. I thought I would have a clue in his posts when I was peeking, but there's not even a single photo of him. It's either a group photo, a material thing or a scenery," he rambled. You were looking at him like he has gone insane

"Are you a gossip guy? That is the longest I have heard you speak, and it's for a secret of some sort," he was about to say something when the referee called in the players to start the third set.

"Ugh, another set," he stood up and faced you, "Don't forget to tell later or I'll spread whatever blackmail material I have on you,"

"Hey! I told you to delete them all!"

"I accumulated a lot after that incident"

Suna, you sly fox!

••••

hello! i'm going to start trying to have weekly updates, it might be a little inconsistent (the days for updating) but i hope you can understand! thank you very much and i hope you enjoyed this chapter!