7: flashback at lunch

Chapter 7

The school bell rang indicating the start of lunch period. Ryuji was beside the second your teacher got out of the room. In her hand is her bento. Crap! I forgot to make one for me. Not that I can make one and not burn the house down.

You totally have the twins to blame for that. What the two of them said last night kept you up all night. It was a miracle that your fever didn't act up because of your all-nighter. And now, you are lunchless.

You were about to stand up from your seat when screams and shrieks were heard in the hallways. Well, that only means something- the Miya Twins. As if summoned by your thought, the door opened revealing Atsumu and Osamu with three bentos.

They entered the room without any care to the girls outside the room calling their attention. Suna stood up from his seat and walked towards the two.

"Is that bento for me? You don't have to-" he was cut off by Osamu dropping the bento onto my desk. You looked up in shock at the gray haired Miya.

"I made your favorite" Osamu said to you in a soft voice but you're betting everyone in the room heard what he said.

"Wow. It's not for me. That wounded me." Suna muttered in mock disappointment.

"You can cook your own lunch, why would 'Samu bring you a bento?" Atsumu snickered at the dark-haired middle blocker.

"It's the thought that counts. Not that it matters anymore. Seeing as it isn't even for me" Suna pushed Osamu out of the way and settled himself in front of your desk.

"So what's your 'favorite' and how did 'Samu even know it?" Suna narrowed his eyes at you, imitating how police investigators would at a movie.

You kept on moving your eyes to Suna, the Miya twins and Ryuji. What is this situation? How would you even explain this to Ryuji? Do I even want to have lunch with them so soon?

"Uhm..." you stood up from your seat and faced Atsumu and Osamu, "I really really appreciate you cooking a bento for me, but I'm supposed to have lunch with Ryuji today. Maybe next time, bye!" you rapidly uttered the words and left the room tugging Ryuji that the three players took a second to comprehend what you had just said. Everybody else who was eavesdropping was whispering to one another, talking about how you denied having lunch with the Miyas.

"Well, Suna... guess your going to have a bento today." Atsumu said, breaking the silence between the three.

You stopped running when you feel like you had gone the proper distance from the eyes and ears that might follow the two of you. You sprawled on the grass field and took deep breaths,

"What was that about?" Ryuji panted as she struggled to calm her breathing. You sat up and stared at the green ground.

"Sorry for dragging you out of nowhere... I just... I don't know if I can go buddy buddy with them right off the bat" you lowly whispered. Ryuji sat up and ploped in front of you,

"You know, when we were in our final year of middle school... I heard some rumors, I didn't fully believe it since I never saw an interaction but... is it true that you were once close with out resident celebrity twins?"

"It's not that I'm hiding it from you!" you frantically said, not wanting Ryuji to think something's wrong, "It's just that... you were the first, or maybe the only person that time, that befriended me without knowing who the twins are..." your voice lowered an octave as you finish what you were saying.

Girls would always flock near you because of your connection to the Miya twins. At first, you're happy because after years in elementary school with the two boys, you finally had some girl friends. You were that naive girl who's blind to the intentions of other people.

They befriended you to get close to the twins, there was one incident where the Miyas hosted a birthday party at their house, and them being your close friends, 'Tsumu and 'Samu invited them so you won't be alone while they talk to their other friends. Apparently, the girls thought they won't go anywhere with any of the twins if you're always with them. So they locked you in the broom closet.

"Stay here for us okay, [Name]-chan?" one of the girls said,

"Yes will you? It's just that, whenever you're near the twins, all they think about is you. We won't have that, right girls?" the girl who's acting like the leader snickered,

"W-what? H-hey! What are you doing..!" they shoved you inside the closed space and locked it from the outside. You continued to scream for help, but your voice was drowned by the loud music in the party,

It's so dark and the space is small. You suddenly can't breathe. That doesn't make sense right? You were breathing just fine awhile ago. You started crying, sobs echoing in the broom closet.

"Hey, you're [Nickname]'s friends right?" you heard 'Tsumu's voice outside, it was faint but you'd take your chances. You know he'll hear you. You knocked and slammed your hands loudly at the door shouting 'Tsumu's name.

"Atsumu-kun!" the girls loudly to cancel your screams

"Do you know where she is? I haven't seen her around" he politely asks. Atsumu roamed his eyes around the living room, hoping to find you, but you weren't there. One of the girls tugged at his sleeve and batted her eyelashes at him. Are those fake lashes? he thought.

"I think [Name]-chan already went home" she said in a sickly sweet voice. Atsumu narrowed his gaze down to the girl,

"[Nickname] won't leave our house without ever saying goodbye, especially since this is our birthday party" he accusingly voiced out. The group of girls shifted shooting glances at each other. Atsumu's glare hardened at the action.

"Where's [Nickname]?" he almost screamed. His voice held so much anger towards your so-called friends. They all shivered in fear. The loud music was now silenced by your brother who wants to know why the heck is his brother harassing your friends. Every pair of eyes in the party are now directed at them.

"W-we... We don't know! She just ran out!" the same girl who had fake lashes said. Atsumu was about to reply when they heard a loud sob in the corner,

"Please let me out!" you cried, hoping that this time, somebody will hear. Osamu immediately ran towards their broom closet and opened it wide. His eyes widened at your state.

You were covered in sweat, tears streaming down your face and your breaths short. You were almost gasping for air. Osamu pulled you out of the closed space and set you down on one of the dining chairs.

"What happened to you?" his voice was full of worry. You raised your head to look at his eyes, his eyes are still questioning you, waiting for your response. You diverted your gaze towards the group of girls who you just called friends an hour ago. Your eyes watered at the sight of them, was it because of betrayal?

After that incident, you distanced yourself to the girls and also the twins. They noticed, of course. Your usual daily visits to the volleyball club to wait for them to finish became every other day,

to once a week,

to not going at all.

----------------
I'm so so so sorry for not updating sooner. My online classes are so time consuming that I haven't had the time to make an update 😭😭