6: decision

Chapter 6

After all the questioning from your cousin, the five of you decided you finally retire for the night, Kuroo and Kenma having morning practice while the three of you need to get up early for Fukurodani's departure from Hyogo.

You were about to make an attempt at sleeping when your phone pinged, indicating a notification.

@its.bokuhey tagged you, @akaashi_k, and two others in a post

You rolled your eyes at the notification, getting up from the bed to go to the guestroom. You opened the room before whisper yelling,

"Go to sleep!" you shut the door, not bothering to wait for the two owls' response.

Bokuto posted a selfie of him, in the background of the photo were you and Akaashi talking with Kuroo and Kenma through the video call, the four of you not even aware of the picture being captured. What made you slightly laugh is the caption that Bokuto wrote: "Sleepover! But @kuroobro and @kk.gaming is in a laptop... iS THIS A DIGITAL SLEEPOVER?"

Further scrolling through the comment section, you see the four still conversing.

@akaashi_k: Bokuto-san, there's no such thing as digital sleepover

@its.bokuhey: Of course there is! We just did it!

@kuroobro: I thought we ended the call because we need to sleep?

@kk.gaming: what is sleep? I left the call because I have a game tournament

@kuroobro: WE HAVE PRACTICE TOMORROW!

@its.bokuhey: YOU CAN HAVE VOLLEYBALL GAMES DIGITALLY?!

@[username]: GO TO SLEEP!!!

After taking a deep breath for the nth time, you closed your eyes to finally enter dreamland and have your rest when another ping went off. Hastily grabbing your phone, you opened it beginning to type knowing that it's probably the four still messing around the comments.

You halt your finger when your eyes adjusted to the light coming through your phone. You read the notification again and again not believing what just happened.

@sakusa.kiyo, @komoriiii, @tobio.k, @hina_shoyo, @k.onohaaa, @yukipie and 23 others followed you.

Your eyes widened at the number of sudden followers, 'these people are...' you checked one of the people's profiles and saw a mutual following. 'These are all Bokuto's friends?!'

You kept scrolling through the names but stopped when you saw two familiar usernames, @bestsetter.miya and @thebetter_miya. Your fingers hovered over their names but decided against clicking their profiles. You didn't have any reason to. So just turned off your device and pushed all the thoughts away, drifting to sleep.

You wake up to your head pounding and your eyes heavy. Your body doesn't want to get up from the bed but you shrugged it off and forced yourself to get ready for the day. Bokuto and Akaasi will leave for Tokyo this morning and you have to send them off.

By the time you arrived at the school gates, your body is screaming at you to lay down and rest as much as your body needs. It has been a long time since the last time you caught a fever. But you thought it is bound to happen, especially after helping out non-stop for the Art Exhibition.

"AKAASHI I DON'T WANT TO GO! WHY DON'T WE JUST STAY HERE?" Bokuto's voiced boomed. It made your headache much worse. You love Bokuto and his outgoing personality but now that your head is splitting open, you hope he'd tone it down a little. Or maybe a lot.