15: questionnable hair

Chapter 15

Inarizaki : Itachiyama

[31:32]

It's the last set and the match gets more intense each point. Every one point is consisted of a minimum of 3 minutes rally, no one on the court is willing to let the ball drop on their side of the court. 

I get exhausted just by watching...

You sighed and faced the Itachiyama player who's going to serve,

"You've got to be kidding me?" you exclaimed. There on the serving line is Sakusa Kiyoomi - the player with the nastiest spin, and the one who scored 6 service aces so far in this practice match—

"End of Match! Itachiyama Volleyball Team Wins!" the referee announced,

Well, a total of 7 service aces now.

Service Aces are hard to achieve with a team like Inarizaki, since they have Akagi as the libero, and all starters are trained to be skilled in receives. It must mean that Sakusa, really, really, really have a hard ball spin to manipulate.

You see Atsumu grumpily marching back to the benches and glaring at his twin,

"Why can't you just receive it, I don't care if it was an A pass or a shit pass!" 

"Says the one who let Sakusa have 2 service aces on the first set," Osamu countered

"I redeemed that by getting 2 service aces myself!" he shot back,

"Stop fighting," There was like a chill with Kita's voice that makes it so effective when reprimanding the twins. You aspire to achieve that some time in the future as it will surely come in handy.

You proceeded to continue your duty as the team manager by distributing the towels and water bottles to the exhausted players, some of the bench players are helping you.

"So, [Nickname]..." Atsumu ask something but was cut off by Sakusa approaching your bench. The Itachiyama player stopped a few meters away from Atsumu and didn't even bother to give him a side glance.

Sakusa brought out 3 sanitizer bottles and handed it to you, Osamu and Suna. You read the sticker in front and can't help but laugh at loud. You can also hear Osamu and Suna snickering, which made Atsumu extremely curious about it.

"Where's mine?!" he exclaimed

"There's none. We're not even close," Sakusa replied coldly,

"Wha-! You don't even know [Nickname] until today!" Atsumu argued,

"Of course not, we are in the same club," 

"Club? What club?" By now, everyone was listening in or has their attention on the group of second years. Meanwhile, Gintama, a second year himself, slowly moves away from the group and side steps to the third years

"I don't want to be grouped with them. They have something loose somewhere in their mind works, I swear!" he whispered hastily to the third year middle blocker.

"HEY! WHAT CLUB IS IT?" Atsumu roared at the four second years. Apparently, they momentarily ignored Atsumu's question and engaged themselves in a conversation. With the setter's outburst, all of you faced Atsumu and showed him the sticker in front of the sanitizer bottle.

We Only Diss Miya Atsumu Club

In the bus going back to their hotel to collect their belongings, Atsumu sat far away from you, Osamu and Suna. It made you feel guilty. You know it's just teasing and for fun (for you anyway, the other three— you do not know), but he seems to be really upset about it.

"Are you sure it's okay not to talk to 'Tsumu about this?" you asked Osamu in a whisper. He just shrugged and replied,

"Most of the time he'll just sulk for the rest of the day and goes back to normal the next day"

"What if he won't?"

"Sounds like a 'him' problem," Osamu nonchalantly shrugged.

You brought your attention back to the lone second year and you caught him looking back at you. His face contorted and scoffed.

This is looking to be a headache.

If you thought Suna would forget your bargain— you're delusional.

"There's something I'm curious about," Suna started. The both of you are in the hotel lobby, the team decided that they need more snacks so they went to the nearby store.

"You said that this 'crush' of yours doesn't even knkw you exist, but from what I can infer, you've had interactions?" Suna continued. What's with this guy getting talkative when it comes to your love interest?

"Back in middle school, I'm mostly known as 'the Miyas' best friend'. I just concluded that he won't remember my name," you shrugged. Suna muttered along the lines of: I doubt that. But you brushed it off.

"Anyways, you want to know who he is right?" Suna's eyes sparkled and immediately nodded.

You pointed at his phone, "You better not be recording this!"

Suna sighed, "What a shame," and proceeded to stop his recording and turned off his phone. You can't believe this guy.

"Well, now that's finished... tell me who,"

"Let's make it a guessing game," you said. Suna deflated a bit,

"Don't worry, my clues are easy" you laughed a bit at the middle blocker's attitude.

"After all, it is in the bargain that you would know who is it right?"

"First things first, he is a setter of Shiratorizawa" Suna nodded,

"We know that already, what's the next?" you complied to his wishes and reveled the second hint.

"Are you kidding me, [Name]?" you're snickering at Suna's expression. The second clue you gave is the name initials.

S.K.

Suna immediately opened his phone and search the profiles of the Shiratorizawa setters. At first, he exclaimed: "It's Semi Keita!"

But after seeing your laughing expression, he checked the other setter's initial,

"The other one's Shirabu Kenjiro. They're both S.K. You are the meanest person I have met" he sulked.

"Let's move on to the third clue," Suna perked up and paid attention.

"His hair is weird..." you trailed off.

"What?" Suna said, dumbfounded. "More weird than Atsumu's piss color hair?" He added, to which you laughed out loud.

"No, not really..." Suna, then, opened his phone again to search their photos.

"[Name]... I think both of their hairs are weird," Suna uttered.

"Really?" you looked at the photo he is looking at. Both of their hair are indeed weird!

"One has uneven bangs, and one has questionnable hair color," Suna replied, still looking at the photo.

"You do know that... Kita-san also has questionnable hair color?" There's a moment of silence between the two of you. You both looked back to the photo and imagined the captain. Your eyes met and was immediately met with soft laughs.

"Okay, this is the last one. I'm sure you'll get it," Suna was at the edge of his seat as if trying to hear you better.

"I liked one of his picture at the Shiratorizawa Volleyball Team Fanpage," All of a sudden, you were talking to no one. Suna began stalking the fan page while you are sitting on the couch, waiting for his comment.

Finally, Suna looked up at you. His eyes reflect mischief in it. You just rolled your eyes at him, knowing that he found out who the boy is.

"It's [REDACTED]!!"

•••

This chapter is kind of rushed. Sorry if it feels bland! But anyways, next chapter is the team's already in Miyagi!