"Jeez... I mean, I've seen Bonnie's pictures but she looks so much better in person. She's beautiful..." Christian complimented also pretty blown away.

I scoffed with my eyes still pasted on her every move, "... I know." the moment died when Tony appeared and his lips were suddenly against hers and his hands were all over her. I gulped my whole drink in one go and got myself another one.

Her dimples appeared when Tony whispered in her ear making her blush and she covered her smile with her hand . As she pulled away her eyes from Tony's gaze they instantly landed on mine... Her smile slowly disappeared as her eyes stayed on mine for a while. As much as it was weird for a married man to be staring at his stunning ex, i didn't care... I was shamelessly staring because she looked drop dead gorgeous.

Mira's arm suddenly wrapped around Bonnie's shoulder and she looked away from me as she smiled at Mira who was practically begging for her attention... Probably she was trying to piss me off.

"I didn't know Mira had already met Bonnie..."

I cut Christian off, "Me neither. She must be up to something."

"Or she just genuinely likes her?"

I scoffed, "It's Mira we're talking about. Ever since we got married, she's been cashing in on my entire being. So, believe you me... She doesn't."

"ahem... Everyone gather around please." Tony spoke up as he crashed a spoon against his glass and everyone looked at him. "Hi...everyone. Even though our company president specifically said that this party was for us the workers to get to know him... I would like to call up Mr Clarke and his gorgeous wife so that we can properly welcome them."

I held out my hand out to help Mira upfront and i followed behind her." Thank you, Tony... Uhm,seven years i spent running the company in the main office and no experience running it one of its branches but, since you guys were already doing such a great job. I trust we'll do an amazing job."

"And, might i just add... You people look amazing. And i sure do hope you're enjoying yourselves." Mira added.

"Toast!" someone at the back shouted and i raised my glass still trying to think what to toast to.

"Uhhm... Okay,if you all would raise your glasses." I paused and my eyes landed on Bonnie who was standing in the crowd alone as she raised her glass, staring at me. "I'd like to propose a toast to new beginnings and a great productive year."

As we got back to the crowd, Tony led Bonnie to me and Mira.

"Remember my boss?" Tony asked Bonnie and she nodded making sure to not look at me.

"Honestly, Bonnie...I can't get over how beautiful you look right now." Mira complimented as she took a sip of her drink.

"ah... Thank you so much, Mira."

I cleared my throat as I finally spoke up, "So... Bonnie, what do you do?"

She lifted her eyes to mine before finally parting her lips, "I'm.. in advertising. I specifically work with tv commercials."

"Hhmm...why didn't you look for a job here when you were job searching?"I asked.

She blinked twice, clearly my question caught her off guard," Uhhmmm... "she chuckled not knowing how to answer.

Mira put her arm around Tony's and looked up at his face," Would you mind introducing me to everyone? "

" Not at all...,"he agreed as he looked at Bonnie and she gave a polite smile then nodded.

" So, you didn't tell him about us? " I asked after Mira and Tony had gone and she fiddled with her nails and her eyes constantly making sure to not meet mine." Bonnie?"

She sighed, "Did i have to?"

I shook my head 'no' and just looked at her..., "So, we're just going to pretend that we don't know each other?"

"I thought it was something you were okay with..."

"Literally, everyone in my life knows about you... Hell, even my doorman." I took a step closer and she took one back and her eyes shot up to mine.

"Don't... Cameras are everywhere." she said without looking away, "And you should probably stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

Her eyes dropped to my chest, "Like you're sorry for something..."

"Well... Maybe that's because I am. Bonnie..."

She cut me off with, "Ian..."she said in a breathy tone."... Not now." she turned around to walk away but i pulled her back by her arm..." Ian, what are you doing?"

" I want to talk, Bonnie. "

" Well, i don't. Maybe another day... But not now." i let her go and she looked deep into my eyes before walking away from me.

After the party, we went straight back at home and as Mira was doing her night facial routine, i watched her from the bed with the bathroom door open so i could get a full view of her.

"What are you up to?" i asked.

She chuckled, "My skin routine, silly."

"I'm not talking about that...What's with you and Bonnie?"

She walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed next to me...she chuckle before taking a long breath. "I like her."

I scoffed, "Seriously though... What's up?"

"Seriously... She's nice, beautiful and she likes me back. It's not like I'll tell her about anything she isn't supposed to know... I know everything but i won't tell her." She smiled and squeezed my bicep then got under the covers.

"You don't know anything... You know what i want you to know, Mira."

She scoffed and sat up, "You seriously think i don't know about the Skyline project? The drugs, jewelery, and Christian's debt to the Russians that you gladly got yourself involved in... Knowing fully well that they can kill you anytime they feel like it."

"You're snooping around now?"

"It's not snooping... It's called being smart. In order for me to remain in this 'marriage' i need to know what I got myself into!" she spat.

"I'm warning you. That's none of your business!"

"Well... It is now. You know for someone who only has me to have sex with his whole life... You talk a big game, love."

"Is that a threat, Mira?" i growled under my breath.

"No, I'm just telling you. I have info that the press would kill to get on you. And shit Bonnie wouldn't like to hear about your ass. So, test me, Ian." she then smiled as she turned her back to me and turned off her bedside lamp.

I hated it when she got like this because i didn't trust her and honestly... She was capable of doing anything. I was curious as to how she found out about the Skyline project... It wasn't even officiated by the time.

Mira was going to be the death of me.