Weeks Apart

Ian's POV

I was having a really bad day at work... I hadn't seen Bonnie in a whole month and I was craving for her so bad . I was trying my best to respect her by doing what she'd told me to do, which was to 'leave her alone'... It was hard but I was doing it. I had gotten an invite to some investor's party for that Skyline Project a week from now . I didn't even know that Alejandro was even planning on hosting one. Alejandro was a smart business and I was sure that  was to promote his own interests. He was more into smuggling oils and stolen jewelry than he was anything else.

Caroline suddenly came into my office...'Whoever told these people to never knock?' I asked myself. She walked up to my side of the desk and placed a paper in front leaning really close to my face, giving me a view of her breasts. She'd been acting weird since last week and I guessed that she suddenly developed a crush on me or something.

"The interview we did last week has blown up and has already been viewed over two million times across the internet. This Skyline Project has got the public hooked..." she paused as she raised her index finger, "... And it still has the people on the news channel talking." she playfully poked my shoulder with the same finger she had up.

I thought of flirting back but I was sure Mira would cut my head off if she found out. She liked being the one who would approve of the women I had sex with." That's amazing! Keep up the good work. I need to make a call. I'll be sure to call you when I need you." she smiled and squeezed my bicep before leaving. She dramatically swayed her hips side to side as she walked out. I sighed when the door finally shut behind her.

Just when I was about to take a minute to rest but the universe wouldn't allow it. There was a sudden door knock, "Come in!"

Christian walked in looking a bit puzzled by something and his blue eyes seemed a bit darker . My eyes carefully paid attention to his every move and I got up just knowing it was bad news "What is it, Christian?"

"I went out to the gas station and when I came back from the bathroom... I found this in the driver's seat." he pulled out a visibly new burner phone with a note attached to the back.

'give this to your boss... You only get to listen to this once.'

"Did you lock up the car before you left?"

He nodded and i pressed play on the voice message.

'Ahh... Long time no hear or see... ' a rough Spanish accent beamed from the other side and I just knew that it was Raz. 'So, Joshua ... I want to meet up. Meet me at the bar you visited a while ago before you went to go visit your girl. And yes... I know Bonnie. Nice girl,fine body, nice skin and beautiful too... Great pick. And make sure you keep your dogs on a leash. I don't want them anywhere near me, I just want to talk to you... Otherwise I might just kill Bonnie.' an evil chuckle could be heard then he proceeded.' You have ten minutes, Joshua.' the audio itself suddenly disappeared and the burner was useless. I threw it in the bin and grabbed my phone.

"Get the car around, Christian." he nodded and quickly went out. I followed shortly behind him.

"Sir, i need you to sign these for me..." Ming stopped in her tracks and watched as I walked right past her without a word.

Christian got me to the bar in eight minutes and he sat down on the barstools whilst I sat right at the back and a table with no order in front of me.

" May i take your order, sir?" a waitress asked politely and I shook my head 'no'. She gave me an annoyed look before walking away.

After exactly two minutes Raz finally walked in. Short haired , muscular, a mustache and some scars on his face... He still looked as terrible as ever. He waved at Christian then called up a waitress as he came to sit down opposite me.