"While you all were mingling away I was gathering information in my 'drunken' state on the Alpha and these lands. And let me tell you, they were quite interesting indeed."

"War doesn-"

"War is our only option Pierce. Sometimes I wonder if you've grown a rather large soft spot for the likes of these people since your visit. This is the main reason why I did not discuss my plans with you. Archer and Michael are proving to be better advisors than you and you are my Beta." The hairs on my neck begins to bristle at the way he said those last two words.

"Advising is not synonymous with agreeing with you, Alpha," I say trying to hold back the bite in my voice. "It is fine if you do not wish to seek counsel with me, but don't let that be the judge of my sound advice." Isaac shoots me an icy look and I do nothing but look at him with a dull resolve.

"Acting based on emotion will not be a wise decision. Before we assume anything we must make sure they are the ones who killed them. If we begin a war with the wrong territory, the results could be devastating. We lost so many of our people. . .I have only a sister now when I once had a brother, mother, and father. I'm all she has left." His gaze falls for a minute before sighing out waving out Kenzie and Tristan.

As soon as the door shuts Isaac gives me a glare that could melt glaciers if need be. "You dare criticize me in front of them? Is that you showing your position over them? Is that it?"

"I don't want her to be left with no family, Isaac."

"You're already assuming you would die!"

"Because it's a realistic possibility. I am a Beta, but I am not invincible. I can die. It's a cold, hard fact and so can you." He purses his lips for a moment before nodding. I cannot allow him to make decisions based on emotion. It's what got my father killed. He had been so damn complacent. I'm not going to allow him to lead himself into the same situation.

"I am your Beta, Isaac. Your safety, Your life, and the decisions You make are all important to me. I'd give my life for it. Don't ever think otherwise." I stare into his black eyes causing him to scoff and smile at the same time. "Is this your confession of love to me or something?"

I give him a small smile before shaking my head. "Of course not." He laughs softly before staring at his nails. "Of course not indeed. I heard you came back late morning a couple nights passed. If you were not with us then where were you?"

My mouth opens to say something but there is no possible way I can tell him. He is my Alpha and lying to him is close to unthought of. His smile begins to turn into a grin at my silence. "With some Northern female I presume?"

". . ."

"As I said before, you are my Beta. It's fine for everyone else such as Kenzie and Tristan to do something like that, but not you. Having any relations with these people other than the passion to destroy them is close to treasonous Pierce." My jaw tightens as I feel my heart beginning to drop into the pits of my stomach.

"No love, no desire, no friendship should be formed with the likes of these people. Do you understand me ?" I nod my head reluctantly before mumbling, "As you wish. Your will is my desire. . ." All hope of ever convincing Isaac of accepting my mate is out of the question now. Something had happened, that is all I know.

Despite him telling me no, I can't help the insistent desire to see him, to hold him in my arms and smell that intoxicating scent I love. How can my wolf and Isaac want polar opposite things when we were once so in sync people thought we could be twins? I look at Isaac who now is looking at the presentation of fruits.