↳ 1.08

her skeleton will lie...

May 16th, 1993

DAISY ENDED UP limping slowly towards the Burrow later that afternoon, clutching her swollen arm.

This is nothing, she thought, though her jaw still clenched every time she took a painful step. I've had worse.

When she knocked, however, Mrs. Weasley opened the door with a very disturbed look.

"Oh, hi, dear... Errol flew in with letters from the children. Come in, come in."

Daisy... She was a no-nonsense, polite but upfront girl, especially to the Weasleys. She could cry the second somebody opened the door and lifted her dress slightly to show them her newest set of bruise, be it any of the boys, girl, or the parents. Especially Fred.

That day was the first time she thought of hiding her hand behind her back and not say anything.

But then she remembered one of Mrs. Weasley's messages: It won't do anyone any good to leave a wound untreated, mental or physical.

"Mrs. Weasley?"

Daisy showed the older woman her arm and the latter immediately shrieked, cursing Mr. Allen with unintelligible murmurs as she bolted to grab her supply of herbal medicine. As she dabbed the little girl's hand with some greenish ointment, she rumbled with a very deep frown, "Goodness gracious, that *censored* man! *censored*! My poor Daisy! I wish I could just take your custody and keep you here as mine! And at this bad time, too!"

"What is it, Mrs. Weasley?" Daisy asked, "Is anything the matter?"

"There's, uh, a letter from Ronald. And from the others, too."

Mrs. Weasley picked up the closest parchment scattered on the table, signed by Ron, and gave it to Daisy.

the loose beast got Hermione. She's in the Hospital Wings now, and Madame Pomfrey aren't letting anyone in

"Oh my— Hermione Granger?" Daisy asked in disbelief, "Is she going to be okay? She is okay, right?"

Hagrid's been caught to Azkaban. Can you imagine that? Hagrid and Azkaban? And Professor Dumbledore's been sacked, Mum. Mr. Malfoy was about to take him to Azkaban but he disappeared. This is so messed up

"She would be," Mrs. Weasley nodded, "Oh, but I don't know! We can only hope so, my dear. They say Ginny's very shaken up by this whole ordeal. She's been having a real hard time... Should I write to Minerva? She's the stand in headmistress."

"I don't know... but I don't think that will do anyone any good."

"You're right, you're right. Ah, here's a letter from the twins. Down here, there's a section for you."

The two ladies stay glued to each other and were immersed in deep conversation all afternoon, especially regarding the tale of the Chamber of Secrets, until the sky had turned purplish pink and Daisy must return unless she wished for another set of wounds or bruises to accompany her current ones. But not before the two women wrote a letter for Errol to send in the morning.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

May 17th, 1993

"HEY, RON! HARRY! Come here, you two!"

George waved for the two distraught boys to come over and claim the space beside a visibly pale Ginny, clutching a black book she claimed to be her diary as if her life depended on it.