↳ 3.05

news & safety measures

August 11th, 1994

"WHAT?"

DESPITE THINKING the exact same thing, it wasn't Daisy. It was Fred.

"We've discussed this with Bill, Charlie, and Percy," Mrs. Weasley said, looking directly at the gaping Muggle next door. "We'll be staying in a campsite owned by Muggles. It'll be completely crowded. Watching the game won't require any magical ability, so if we keep it quiet, no one will suspect a thing. We'll say that you are a relative, and one of the adults will keep an eye on you at all times. Consider this a really, really late birthday gift."

"No pressure, though," Bill interjected, "Only if you want to come, Dee."

Charlie added, "I think this is the only chance for you to finally experience Quidditch first-hand. It's a million times better than Diagon Alley. Come on! It'll be fun."

"It will be risky, of course. Daisy must be under constant company and supervision, she must wear a disguise, and if anything happens, it could be dangerous," Percy said. For a second there, he lowered everyone's mood, but then he continued, "It shouldn't, though. Highly unlikely, especially with the Ministry working very hard to keep things in order. Dad and I are insiders, too, so we should be able to keep everything under control. It certainly will be fun."

"Can I—" Daisy stuttered. She was utterly dumbfounded. This was... unexpected. A dream come true, really!

Just how many times had she imagined joining a magical convention with the Weasleys?

Her hands shook, her body shuddered at the thought that this was just a dream and she had to wake up in the morning, feeling disappointed. She gulped, "Can I really go?"

"Yes, if you want to."

"I really... Really want to." Hands were thrown all over Daisy's back, hugging her or patting her shoulder rhythmically. She burst into happy tears once more.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

August 22nd, 1994

"C'MON, FREDDIE. DON'T be such a party pooper."

The five eldest boys spared a look at the girl of the hour, who was being drowned in Quidditch lecture by Ron and Ginny. She was visiting for Percy's birthday.

"I want her to go, too," Fred said, "I'm just concerned for her safety and her identity. You remember what Lee said?"

"Yeah," George nodded, "We thought she wouldn't be noticed in crowded places, but Lee did."