↳ 4.12

back to school

January 1st, 1996

THE RATHER PEACEFUL afternoon was disturbed by Fred and George, Apparating into Hermione and Ginny's room, with their faces horribly disfigured by a series of close-set purple pustules that had spread across their noses and cheeks, forming the word SNEAK.

Ginny immediately burst out laughing, clutching her stomach.

"We think you have something to do with this, 'Mione," George grumbled.

"Well?" Fred tapped his feet impatiently.

"What— Who did you talk to?" Hermione exclaimed then lowered her voice, "You told someone about the D.A.?"

Ginny kept on laughing.

"Yes!" The twins chorused, "Daisy!"

The door was thrown open after a series of hurried knocks and Daisy walked in. "It's difficult for me— to walk up the stairs! Why did you two— ran off like that? Oh."

Ron and Harry filed in behind her.

"What's going on in here— Oh." Ron pointed his finger at his brothers, "Ha! Is that the snitch jinx you told us about?"

"What snitch jinx?!"

"I jinxed the parchment we wrote our names on, so we'd know if someone snitch us out," Hermione explained.

"But it's Daisy!"

"Her name's still not on the list! We can't be too careful."

"I won't tell— anyone," Daisy said innocently.

"That includes Sirius and Mrs. Weasley, too," Harry interjected, "They'll just say we're headed for troubles."

"Okay. My lips are sealed."

"Don't tell me..." Ron squinted his eyes at Daisy in scrutiny, "You think so, too?"

The girl pursed her lips, "Well, no... I think, it's a risky yet— necessary move. It's brilliant."

"Thank you!"

Hermione said, "I can't use my wand here. I'm underaged."

"Tell us the counter spell then."

"No, no, no, no, wait." Ginny butted in, "Let them stay like that for awhile."

"Ginny!"

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

January 2nd, 1996

"PSSTT... DUNG, C'MERE!"

Fred ignored George's pleading and disapproving look, then went to a quiet corner with Mundungus in tow.

"Another business proposition?" Mundungus asked, as he raised his eyebrows and folded his arms together.

"Not exactly." Fred threw a hand around his shoulders, bent forward, and continued in a low whisper, "Do you have anything charmed to have two-way communication easily?"