↳ 4.11

happy new year pt.2

December 31st, 1995

"YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD me!" Fred exclaimed when the three returned, snowflakes piling on their shoulders and eyelashes. "We thought you disappeared or something!"

"That's hyperbole," George said, "He thought you disappeared. I thought you just went to the loo."

"So...?" Mrs. Weasley asked, looking at her with expectation.

"I..." Daisy began. She clutched her walking stick tighter. "I want to stay— here, if I may. Until next September."

"WHO HO HO HO! Of course you may! Welcome aboard, housemate!" Sirius cheered. He was obviously pleased with the news, and he couldn't help grinning from ear to ear.

"Next September?" George inquired.

"You're still going to Cambridge?"

"Is Cambridge safe?"

"Can I visit my— house on my— Mother's passing— anniversary?" Daisy turned to look at Mrs. Weasley, "To take some of— my belongings and— say goodbye— to my friends."

"Oh, of course... How d'you suppose..." Mrs. Weasley turned to look at her husband and eldest son. "Should someone..."

"I can go," Tonks volunteered, raising her hand. "We can go by Knight Bus to Leaky Cauldron, then take the Floo network to the Burrow."

"The Ministry's keeping watch of the network..." Lupin said, "What about Apparition?"

"That works, too. If she's fit enough."

"Let's think it through with the Order first."

"When's it exactly?"

"January— 14th."

"By January 14th, you two would probably be staying there, too, wouldn't you?" Sirius asked the Weasley parents, who nodded.

"Must you go see your Dad?" Ginny asked, concerned.

"He won't— lay a hand— on me. I think."

"You think?"

"He said— he's sorry."

"Keep a good distance from him, Dee," Ron said, crossing his arms, "I don't trust him."

Daisy chuckled fondly at him, and ruffled his hair, "I will."

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

December 31st, 1995

FOR SOMEONE SO reclusive like Daisy, loving someone in a romantic manner were rare moments

Dominic had six exes by the time he was a sophomore in high school and Marisol had two before she was smitten by Atlas, because they had choices.