↳ 4.18

training

February 18th, 1996

THE QUIET DINNER turned into a somewhat-tense meeting because Daisy had timidly, hesitantly, and cautiously wondered if, by any far and distant chance, there was perhaps a way for her and maybe

THE QUIET DINNER turned into a somewhat-tense meeting because Daisy had timidly, hesitantly, and cautiously wondered if, by any far and distant chance, there was perhaps a way for her and maybe... Just maybe, Sirius, could escape the house and, say, bask in the warmth of the sun in the nearby neighbourhood park, like, once a week.

Or once every two week.

Even once a month would be nice.

Sirius' eyes were immediately filled with awe, respect, and gratitude towards her. He never even thought of asking.

"Of course not!"

"It's too risky, isn't it?"

"There would be ground rules, of course—"

"Like what? Staying in his animagus form, wearing disguise, stay low profile?"

"You forgot about Peter Pettigrew, didn't you? You forgot there's someone within You-Know-Who's ranks who knew everything about Sirius and Daisy?"

"Look, You-Know-Who won't act so rashly, since the Ministry is still too busy trying to deny his return."

"As long as Daisy and Sirius stayed within the perimeter—"

Daisy and Sirius sat side by side like two hopeful kids, watching their parents (the Weasley parents, Remus, and Tonks) bickered away, waiting for the final decision to be called.

It led on until nearly ten, which was the time for an Order meeting, and as members started to arrive one by one, they began to pitch in their opinion as well.

"What's this?" Moody asked in his signature gruff voice when he entered the room.

"Hello, Moody," Daisy greeted politely.

"Hey," Sirius added with a raise of his eyebrows.

"Oi, our senior Auror's here! Tell 'em, Mad-Eye, professionally speaking," Mundungus friendly patted the man with glass eye's shoulder, "Sirius and Daisy should be able to go out ev'ry once in a while, innit? Mean, they might die without some fresh air and proper sunlight."

Moody just grumbled and walked towards the empty seat right next to Daisy's, his cane made a rhytmic clacking sound alongside every step he took.

"Silence means yes, people. Yes!" Mundungus exclaimed, returning to his post next to Kingsley.

"I'm real sorry, don't mean to be condescending or discriminative or anything..." someone quipped, "But let's be real and logical here. As a Muggle, Daisy won't be able to duel anyone if such event occurs."