ONE

Harry Styles, a 22 year old organised achiever, has his life in order, he quite easily has everything under control from his medications to his future plans, the only thing the curly-headed lad had no certainty about was how long he had? How long his lungs would support him when every breath he takes might be one of his lasts.

Harry had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when he was 7. He had been on trips to the hospital every few months, the hospital had become his home away from home. Today 10th December here he was at the hospital again sitting on his bed contemplating life when someone knocks on the door, he slowly gazes towards the door and says a quiet  "come in" just loud enough for Amy, his nurse, to hear it. Amy opens the door with a huge smile plastered on her face, as she walks in with harry's med cart.

Harry's face lights up the moment he notices the med cart. Having things with him like the med cart makes him feel more responsible and in control. Amy instructs Harry to sit down while she gives him an inhaler to help with his breathing. Harry never liked the inhaler, it made him feel like he always had to be dependant for something as simple as breathing. Quietly inhaling and exhaling at a certain pace while sitting on his bed, Harry's mind wandered off to his friends who were on a trip to Spain,  Harry couldn't go but he wasn't alone because his best friend Niall stayed back.

Niall had known Harry since he was about 7 years old, they had met in the same hospital when Niall had come to get himself tested for c-fers. Niall and Harry just clicked, they just knew they would get along and in no time they were inseparable, of course they had to stay six feet apart but were still together.  Niall was harry's support system the one who had been there for him through highs and lows, the one who never missed any of harry's appointments. Harry always felt extremely fortunate to have Niall in his life and gave up no opportunity to show him all the love he had for him.

Back at the hospital it's been 30 minutes since harry had been using the inhaler, that was when Amy walks into the room giving him news that made his pretty lousy day so much better. "There's a new baby upstairs." Amy beams with happiness as she sees a smile creeping onto Harry's face. "Meet me in 15.", Amy quickly blurts out and leaves. Harry excitedly gets on his feet, slips on his shoes, grabs his breathing tube and glances out of the window before leaving, he notices a couple on the sidewalk clingy onto each other, he then puts his mask on and leaves the room. He walks through the hallways greeting everyone he passes. As he makes his way towards the NICU, he notices the couple, he had seen on the sidewalk, in a room.

There was another short boy in the room but harry couldn't see his face. He didn't mean to but ended up overhearing their conversation, "Zayn, I gotta sleep there buddy!" said the shorter lad. The one who was supposedly Zayn made an irritated face and said, "I promise we wont dirty the room" making the girl giggle. The short boy irritatedly groaned and turned around noticing Harry eavesdropping. Embarrassed little Harry quickly walked away towards the NICU only thinking about the baby.

The short boy quietly followed him and as Harry entered the NICU so did the other lad. 

.

.

.

a/n: Hi, well I hope u liked it. I'm not very good at writing but its something i want to try. Luckily I took an impulsive decision last night and didn't spend too much time thinking so here we go. I'll put up the next chapter in sometime cuz i still have to edit it.

Anyway please leave your feedback and feel free to give me tips and suggestions because I could really use that ahah, Thank you.

(I realised the zillion mistakes I made so now I'm editing the chapters making sure they're better. I'll edit one chapter at a time because I'm lazy and I have another fic to update.)