twelve. COMPOST TEA

I'm taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game

Surely not, Carmen thought as parked the truck in Forks Highs's car park

Her whole life, the concept of vampires had been a figment of a whole other world, the worlds between pages, paired with zombies, angels and werewolves. Thus Carmen's endeavour to uncover stronger evidence seemed necessary for any future confrontation. Although she assumed keeping one's wits about them was prudent when conversing with otherworldly people. Her lips would forever remain sealed, locking the Cullens' secret away as another star in the universe that was Carmen Swan's mind.

Bella and Carmen hid away in their truck to avoid the incessant questions of the girls' near-death experience. Particularly from Jessica Stanly who deemed the experience to be 'yearbook worthy', thus demanding some sort of dramatic quote from each of them. Yet the girls were drawn from their hideaway as a red convertible, a massive jeep and a sleek Volvo pulled into the dreary school grounds. Carmen's jaw could have hit the ground as she regarded the blond-haired boy who appeared from behind the car door. The beauty of that boy could have been deemed unfair with his blue boyfriend jeans hanging fashionable low in combination with the collar of his shirt framing his perfectly pale neck. She watched as the golden locks caught the light, shining like a halo as she imagined running her fingers through the perfect curls...

She met his golden eyes with a smile as he closed the door to the jeep, she jumped out of the boot of the truck and with a grimace, whispered "good luck," to Bella upon noticing Mike Newton ambling over to the faded red truck, looking between the twins indecisively. So he seized his chance as the older Swan sister strode past, "hey..uh, I wanted to talk to you about prom?"

"Nope," Carmen replied as she continued toward the flashy cars, rolling her eyes with a smirk as the Newton boy tried to chat with Bella, "Hey, um, I wanted to ask you if uh...I know its months away.."

Joy seemed to radiant from the siblings as she neared. Although Edward appeared to be focussing intensely on their conversation, his topaz eyes repeatedly flickered over the Bella as though he was listening intently to whatever she had to say...despite being on the other side of the car park. Perhaps it had something to do with the vampiness?

"Morning," Carmen smiles as she rests her elbows on Alice's shoulders,

"Hey, Caz! How's your morning been?" Alice questions cheerily, pecking the brunette's cheek before leading the small group toward the bus which the biology teacher urged them to board.

"Better than Bella's, she's stuck with Newton," Carmen chuckled whilst soaking up the light laugh that could have been mistaken as windchimes that followed from Jasper.

"Come on, come on, let's go! Green is what? Good! Let's Go!" Mr Morina encouraged as Alice and Edward boarded the first bus. Jasper grasped Carmen's hand with a feather-like touch, unnecessarily aiding her up the first step with a dramatic "my lady" and a slight bow.