four. HOTTER THAN EFRON

She's gonna be angel, just you wait and see
When it turns out she's a devil in between the sheets

After three classes worth of awkward introductions and deathly boring introductions, Carmen was glad she'd had all that coffee

After three classes worth of awkward introductions and deathly boring introductions, Carmen was glad she'd had all that coffee. She wished she could have an Alice for every class, the pikie girl had actually made school fun. Although she did meet some girl called Angela.. or was it Angelica? Either way, she'd made maths less boring as she filled Carmen in on Forks High's sleazes vs dateable nerds.

However, she did have Bella in her gym class and wasn't sure whether that was a blessing of a curse. The twins partnered for everything during that class, already having enough of social interactions for one day. That was until they got split on different volleyball teams, resulting in the accident-prone Bella managing to hit a ball into the guy from earlier's head. "Ow!"...which Carmen wasn't opposed to.

Bella shot a nervous glance to her sister, signalling a silent SOS as she rushed over to the boy, beckoning a laughing Carmen to follow.

"I'm sorry! I told them not to let me play"

"Oh uh Nah it's cool..uh you're Isabella, right?" the boy asked, completely ditching the game behind him,

"Uh, just Bella"

"yeah! hey, I'm Mike Newton" he replied, offering his hand to Bella,

"Yeah nice to meet you".

Just as Carmen was going to help Bella escape the encounter that radiated awkwardness, a short brunette who'd been watching the interaction like a hawk bounced over with her short ponytail dancing about. Bella seemed glad that someone was interacting with her, maybe it's best to let her mingle on her own for a bit. Carmen took one last lingering look at Bells before turning back to her teammates, getting to know some of the girls who welcomed her with big smiles.

🌑

Once Carmen had changed back to her clothes, she waved goodbye to the other girls and picked up her sports bag. She smiled as she passed Bella who was already changed and waited for Angela and the short brunette, "hey do you want to sit with us?"

"It's all good, thanks though. I already told one of the girls I'd sit with them,"  Camen replied,

"Oh hey, Carmen! We have a spare seat if you need it," Angela said with a bright smile before being nudged by the shortie, "what-oh this is Jessica by the way,"

"Hi um I'm Carmen," she said as she shook the girl's hand,

"It's so great to finally meet you! You two are all everyone is talking about" Jessica replied

"Not everyone" Bella mumbled with a small chuckle, earning a smile from Angela

"So, how do you guys know each other?" Jessica asked the two girls,