two. STARRY EYES

You've got that power over me, my my
Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes

The sunlight trickled through the windows of Carmen's bedroom, following the morning's command

The sunlight trickled through the windows of Carmen's bedroom, following the morning's command. But did you really think that would wake Carmen from her slumber? Yeah, no chance.

Muffled curses echoed through the room from the sleepy teen, aimed at the cold that had taken up residence due to the open window. After a few minutes of withstanding the chill, she gave in, slamming the window closed and dragged herself down the stairs with her blanket in tow.

"Ever so elegant" Charlie chucked at his half-asleep daughter when she reached the kitchen, regarding the nest her hair was forming and the backward Ghostbuster teeshirt. Incoherent groans and growls were the only response he received.

Bella followed shortly after, dressed and ready for the day with her classic headband holding her hair from her face. She offered a curious glance to Charlie regarding her sister almost asleep on the table and received a shrug from Charlie in response.

"I'll be back in an hour or so to grab some groceries, I forgot how much you girls eat," he informed the twins with a pointed look at Carmen who lifted a thumb up in response.

"Coffee" she moaned to Bella moments after the front door clicked close. Bella knew better than to ignore the wish of a sleepy Carmen so she filled a mug.

🌑

After the sleep had worn off, Carmen picked out her black boyfriend jeans, rolling them at the bottom to fit her red fluffy socks, pairing them with her large grey knit jacket. Perfect for returning to her books.

Curled up in the corner of her room, Carmen buried her head in the mystery. Enveloped into the truth behind the theories she'd developed, obviously, he was the cause, he'd been there all along, watching from the sideline-"Cassie, Jacob Black is here" Bella called from the bottom from downstairs.
"Oh well, I'll reveal your secrets soon" she whispered to the book, tapping the cover as she placed it back upon the shelf.

Carmen headed out after her sister, stealing Bella's black converse on her way out.

"Jakie!" Carmen cheered as she raced over to the long-haired boy, leaping into him. "Hah, still a shortie" she teased as he grinned back,

"I'm not that short" he grumbled with a grin, shoving his hands in his pockets nervously as he glanced behind her. Carmen turned her head to see what had captured her attention, oh oblivious Bella. She turned back to Jacob, raising a perfect eyebrow accompanied with a smirk at the lovestruck puppy. 'Yeah, good luck with that kid' she thought.

"Billy!" said with a grin as she walked over to to the men where Billy resided in a wheelchair with Charlie standing behind. She leaned down to hug him and was imminently eased from the chill of Fork's afternoon with the warmth that echoed off of him.

The laces of her shoes flopped across the soggy concrete as she walked back to the lovebirds,

"So, what do you girls think?" Charlie asked the girls while leaning on a faded red truck,

"what?"

"it's your homecoming present" Charlie answered with a small smile as he watched his daughters reactions,

"this?" Bella asked

"Just bought it off Billy here," he said as Jacob's dad wheeled next to them.

"wicked" Carmen grinned as Billy gave the car an affectionate slap.

"I totally just rebuilt the engine," jake added as he glanced between the twins,

"no way!" "Oh my gosh" the girls replied at once, "this is perfect!",

Carmen hoped into the boot with the aid of Charlie's shoulder as Bella and Jacob slid into the front seats after Jake became a casualty of Bella's door as she swung it open, earning a snigger from the tallest teen, "nice one Bells".

"I told you they'd love it, I'm down with the kids" Billy announced, mimicking some sort of gangster move he and Charlie probably saw on tv.

"Yeah dude, you're the bomb" Charlie replied as he leant against the truck, earning a cackle from the teen in the back.

🌑

The moon rose to watch the world below and the stars scattered across the dark sky, beckoning Carmen from her window. The echo of Charlie's footsteps died as the minutes ticked by, turning to hours.
Still donned in Bella's converse, she crept out the window as she had million times before, wary of the creeks and groans whose location she'd memorised from her previous expeditions.

The wind raced past as she kneeled on the widow's edge. Her hair billowed in the wind and her eyes retrieved their wild spark as she analysed the way the tree had grown since she'd last snuck out. Thankfully her trusty branch remained. Age had made it stronger, willing it to carry the girl's weight. So, like a gymnast on a tightrope, Carmen glided across the branch. Agility had always been a strength of Carmen, unlike her sister who was destined to slip at least five times a day. In fact, she'd always been slightly ahead of her classmates, a little bit faster, a bit stronger.
Perhaps after a few more adventures, the callouses from gripping the bends of the trunk would return as they had been during her childhood.

Once Carmen had scaled to the ground, she gripped her jacket close to her chest, savouring the warmth it provided. Her steps were silent as she walked through the grass, lacking any sort of hesitation to the shadows cast amid the dense woods. So she continued walking, memorising her path as she journeyed. She soon arrived at a large tree with branches fanning around the place, an easy climb for the slightly jet-lagged teen. From a branch three quarters up, Carmen had clear access to the sky above. With her own game of dot to dot, she successfully found the Orion constellation. Amid her search for Sirius, the girl became blind to the world around her, leaving the shadow drawn to her scent undetected.

His eyes brushed over her quickly. Or rather, that's what he'd intended. But she was so breathtaking that he found himself staring: at her lips, her star-lit eyes, the way that the moonlight danced across her skin.
It's her.

Finally.

——————————-
hello! how are you all?

what'd you think of this chapter?
I absolutely love this song, so mysterious! And woo they've half met!

xx

song: Power Over Me by Dermot Kennedy