thirteen. LA PUSH ERIC OFF HIS BOARD

Getting hard to sleep
Blood is in my dreams

Getting hard to sleepBlood is in my dreams

"I think Edward is on his period."
Linking arms with her twin, the Swan sisters strode into the Cafeteria of Forks High, the thud of black leather boots uniting seamlessly with the squeaks of worn down converses. Both attempting to retain their chuckles after seeing Edward Cullen dramatically toss a slice of cucumber back into the paper tray upon seeing the young women enter the room. However, Carmen Swan's comment was quickly followed with a light glare from the bronze haired boy.

 "How does so much attitude fit into such a lanky guy?" Carmen smirked, glancing back at the Cullen's table on the far end of the cafeteria and meeting an annoyed glare yet also the very amused expressions on the rest of the families' faces

"How does so much attitude fit into such a lanky guy?" Carmen smirked, glancing back at the Cullen's table on the far end of the cafeteria and meeting an annoyed glare yet also the very amused expressions on the rest of the families' faces. Alice even going to the extent of covering her mouth with her hand to restrain herself from bursting with giggles.

Having already texted Rosalie and Alice that Bella had asked her to spend the lunch break with her new friend group, the twins made their way to the table of misfits.
"Hey! La Push, baby, yous in?" Eric cheerily asked the two girls as the slung their bags from their shoulders onto the empty chairs.
"Should we know what that means?" Bella asked, her face tightening with an amused smile while Carmen quirked a brow.
"La Push beach down at the Quileute Rez. We're all going tomorrow," Mike answered from beside Bella.
"And there's a big swell coming in," Jessica added.
"And I don't just surf the internet," Eric popped up to a surfing pose on his chair, mirrored by Mike from the opposite side of the table.

"Eric, you stood up once...and it was a foam board" Jessica sniggered, earning a laugh from Carmen
"Bet he'll squeal like a baby when he falls off the board?" Carmen held her hand out to Jessica.
"Who's to say he isn't still a baby, but you're on," Jessica laughed, shaking Carmen's outstretched hand.
"Damn Cars, that was cold," Eric faked offence as the two girls smirked before Carmen nudged Bella, inclining her head toward the lunch isle as her stomach began rumbling.

🌑

"Stoppp, I could have dropped my croissant" Carmen whined, attempting to slow her rapid heartbeat whilst balancing her overfilled tray of food after Edward's voice suddenly rang out from behind the twins. Knowing it was not her attention he sought, Carmen purposefully bumped her shoulder against Edward's as she headed back to the table, leaving Bella to fend for herself. Yet she could not stop herself from sending a weary glance to her twin once Edward had turned his back on her.
Twisting back toward her table, her face crashed with a brutally hard wall... wait, a wall wearing clothes? Nope, a very solid chest, she realised. Scrambling to prevent her lunch from falling to the floor and almost tripping over in the process, ice cold hands came to grip her waist. Despite the hands' intentions to balance her, they sent a storm of lightning bolting through her body. Raising her stare to her perpetrator and consequently saviour, she could have sworn her heart shuttered for a second upon meeting those darkening golden eyes.

"I swear your family is going to send me to the hospital with a heart attack" she smirked, desperately trying to regain her cool demeanour.
A deep chuckle responded, as the gold haired boy shook his head to clear a curl from his sculptured face. It took everything in Carmen to stop her hand from reaching up and getting lost among those curls.
"My deepest apologies m'am, but before we send you to an early grave, I thought you may enjoy this," Jasper reached into the pocket of his dark cotton coat and retrieving a worn brown book, spotted with white patches where the treads of the cover had gone thin. Barely the size of his hand, he held the novel out to her, beckoning her to take it. Feeling the iciness of his skin as her fingertips brushed over his hand, she delicately accepted the almost ancient book.

Twisting her wrist to view the gold writing lining the spine, a bright, sudden laugh escaped her rouge tinted lips. Meeting his golden stare with her blue, he seemed to freeze in shock for a split second at the sound before his face tightened with a smile, lips curving up to his cheeks whilst his teeth grazed his bottom lip. As though the sound were a beam of light creeping through the cracks of the forgotten, barren land of his ancient heart. Like being plunged into ice-cold water, the sense of complete and utter liveliness which the centuries past had desensitised him of filled him.

Jasper warmed at the fact the he had elicited such a sound from the enigma before him. The laugh ricocheting through his mind as he attempted to bottle that sound, locking it within that cruel, old mind as a raft to retrieve him from the agony his past taunted him with.

"Dracula?" She smirked, a question in her eyes.
"The whole vampire thing seemed to peak your interest," he replied with his signature southern drawl.
"Very intuitive," Carmen joked. "Are you sure you're okay with me borrowing it? It seems really old," she asked, delicately offering the ancient novel to him.

"No, of course not. It's yours to keep," he lightly took the novel from her hand and slid it into the pocket of her thick wool jumper. "I could think of no safer hands for it, all I ask is that you report your conclusions back to me," a knowing look shining within his eyes, like a peeling away of his first layer of armour.

With a small smile and a wink, she replied "I promise to protect it with my life."

With a parting smile and incline of his head, Jasper began to turn back towards the door leading out of the cafeteria. "Hey Jasper," she called out before he parted, running a hand through her thick hair whilst she balanced her tray on her hip." A group of us are heading out to the beach tomorrow afternoon, interested in braving frostbite and tagging along?" Carmen offered, noticing the glimpse of disappointment that filled his eyes as her met the stare of his brother behind him. "Sorry doll, can't tomorrow. Maybe some other time. Enjoy the book."

----------

I'm aliveeeee
enjoy the first chapter in a while (oops), I've got a few more lined up so I'm promise the wait won't be as bad :)
'till next chapter xx