the fight

Alec's POV

"No." She only whispered the words, but they were as clear as day. Does she have a fucking death wish? I gripped Janes hand as Aro turned to face my mate.

"What my dear?" He asked her in a low quiet tone. I shuttered knowing that was the tone he used before people died. She stood taller and met his eyes. I wanted to scream at her to back down and just bow, but I couldn't. I looked away and when I looked back the lower guard was attacking. She lowered her head whispering something. Then her head raised, her eyes were no longer blue, instead, they were black as tar. Her teeth bared. Jane and I stood to the side, having orders that we couldn't interact under any circumstances.

She was amazing, to say the least. My shirt fit her like the finest armor. I was still gripping Janes hand, as Cecily threw guard after guard into the flames she had summoned. It was like watching a dance, as she dodged and attacked. However, we could see Aro becoming angrier and angrier. She was halfway through the lower guard when Aro had enough.

"Enough," Aro cried out. Advancing on Cecily.

"Wait," I said stepping from my spot at the wall. "Please."

All the king's eyes were on me. I approached the steps that led to the thrones.

"Please spare her," I whispered venom tears In my eyes. "That is my mate." I lowered my head, knowing if I did one wrong thing they would kill her. I looked at Marcus.

"My king," I said addressing him. "You know the pain of losing a mate. I have just found her, after nearly 350 years."
I could see that my words affected him. I addressed the other two. "My kings, please let her live."
They were silent for a moment when abruptly Aro sat down.

"I will let her live if you can achieve something for us." As he said the words my unbeating heart sunk. I took an unnecessary swallow.

"Anything."

"Gain her trust." He said this lowly. "Make her want to stay."

"I can do that my king." Surely the mate bond can do it. It's got me risking my life, after knowing the girl for only two days.

"You have a month." With that, the kings and guards disappeared. My mate sunk in the floor asleep. Quickly picking her up, I ran to my room.

That was interesting, did you like Alec's POV. Is it something you would like to see more of? Let me know.