Screw Christmas

Requested by Rubes_0728

Idk abt y'all but the ending of that last pic sounded poetic

Idk abt y'all but the ending of that last pic sounded poetic. More like a Who. As in Who hurt Blaine?! Cuz I'm gonna call Santana on their ass.

"Can you believe it?" Kurt exclaimed. "This is going to be Rosie's first Christmas!"

"Yup." Blaine replied from the couch, but he wasn't anywhere near as enthusiastic as Kurt.

He wasn't going to say he hated Christmas, even thought he kind of did, but it wasn't like he'd had such a great experience with the holiday.

He remembered being really young and enjoying it, mostly because of the presents and food, and then he came out and things went south. It had been such a good morning, too.

He remembered being really excited to tell his parents. As soon as he did, the smile was frozen on his face because his parents were silent and stiff. His father frowned and Blaine was actually scared he might kick him out.

He didn't, but only because his mother talked him out of it. They never really spoke of it again, and Kurt didn't even know John was against any of it.

Then again, he didn't know John existed until there was word about their daughter. None of it mattered, though, because Blaine had decided he wasn't going to ruin his family's fun.

"Hey, are you alright?" Kurt asked, and Blaine was snapped out of the horrible memory.

He hadn't noticed the sad look he'd subconsciously given himself, and faked a smiled so Kurt wouldn't worry anymore. It was considerably difficult to pretend everything was fine, especially with the fact that his parents were actually coming to their Christmas celebration the next day.

"Yeah... Just tired." Blaine lied.

Kurt didn't entirely believe him, but he figured it wasn't anything serious. His opinion changed when he noticed Blaine running his hands threw his hair. It was a common sign of unspoken fear.

"Blaine...?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure?"

The way Blaine contemplated on telling Kurt was obvious.

"No..." He admitted.

Kurt sat down with him, waiting for him to explain.

"It's my dad..."

"Blaine, you gotta cut him some slack. He's coming to meet our daughter. Isn't that enough of an apology?"

"No, I don't think it is! I don't even want him to come! But don't worry, I won't ruin your fun. I hated Christmas anyways."

Kurt's eyes widened in shock.

"You hate Christmas?"

"Yeah."

"But it's the most wonderful time of the year!" Kurt sang.

Blaine couldn't help but chuckle at that. Still, his smile left just as soon as it came.

"I don't understand..." Kurt whispered. "What's so bad about your dad coming to celebrate?"

"C-can I tell you a story?"

"Sure..."

Kurt was slightly confused by the stutter in Blaine's voice.

"Um... Well, there was a 14 year old boy who loved Christmas... he figured it was the perfect time of the year to tell his family his biggest secret since everyone was already so happy." Blaine was blinking back tears. "So..."

Kurt frowned and hugged him. "So...?"

Blaine tried to continue, "So... he told them he was gay a-and his dad wasn't expecting it at all."

He swallows hard for finishing the last sentence in a rush. "And then Christmas just wasn't fun anymore for him. The end."

"You came out to your dad on Christmas?" Kurt whispered, questioningly.

Blaine didn't respond, but Kurt still knew the answer.

"You know what?" Kurt said, standing. "I'm going to call your dad."

With that, he left Blaine sitting there, waiting for his nerves to calm down. The rest of the night went by quietly, except for Rosie's occasional giggles. She was 1 after all.

*********

Christmas morning Blaine was in a better mood. Not amazing, but better. Kurt had already gotten Rosie dressed in a red Christmas onesie which she looked adorable in. When Blaine joined them, he smiled.

"Are you okay?" Kurt asked, referring to the night before.

Blaine just nodded.

"I called your dad..." Kurt continued, casually. "He's not coming anymore. I was hoping maybe you could forget about that... we can make a better memory of the holiday with Rosie."

A grin tugged at the corners of Blaine's lips as soon as he found out his father wasn't coming. He didn't hate his dad, but he just knew things weren't going to go right if he came.

He was open to the idea of not hating the Holiday, especially since Kurt loved it so much. He was also happy to have such an amazing husband.

"Hey, Kurt?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks..." He pulled his lover into a hug that lasted for a while. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Blaine."

Something is off about this. Idk what it is or if it's just me but I'll edit it out when I find it.