Chandler

So I cant write about Klaine literally hurting each other... cuz mah heart is delicate... But I can write an almost break up... (I will do legit break ups in the future but not just yet)

Requested by klaineydyle

Just as Kurt expected, Blaine was late. He always was. Why did he even plan the date? Maybe he wanted some time with his boyfriend! You know, the one that clearly doesn't care?

Kurt had already gotten himself angry by the time Blaine actually did arrive at the restaurant. He immediately started apologizing, being the person he was, and Kurt felt like it was the fifteenth time this has happened.

"Let's just order, I'm starving."

That was the first sign Blaine saw. He was late... but he apologized, right? He wondered if he let it go they might have a better evening. He didn't know how wrong he was.

As soon as a very silent dinner was over, they went home. Kurt flopped on the couch to watch tv and Blaine went to their room to do God knows what. The tallest boy was finally getting interested in Supernatural, the paranormal tv show Blaine had been trying to sell him for weeks, when someone texted him.

The loud ding made him jump. Picking up his phone, he found out someone named "Chandler" had texted him. He thought for a minute. Did he know a Chandler?

And then he remembered the music store. He smiled, quickly replying to the message.

Chandler: Hey, it's Chandler

Chandler: from the music store

Kurt: Hi! How are you?

Chandler: great! Are you free? I happen to have a table ready for us at the Lima Bean

Kurt: sure be there soon

Kurt had left the chat

When Blaine heard the door slam, he was concerned. Kurt had just left without saying goodbye. No "I love you, Blaine, be back soon!"Maybe he was overreacting though. He went back to his book, trying to shrug it off.

When Kurt arrived at the coffee shop, Chandler was eagerly waiting. He sat down and immediately noticed the two cups of coffee he obviously hadn't ordered.

"I ordered us a regular mocha."

Kurt smiled, simply because he didn't want to be rude. If he was being honest, he wasn't going to take a single sip of that drink. He was picky, and Blaine knew that. He was positive Chandler hadn't said "non-fat mocha" because then it would be a different story.

"So, anything particular you wanted to talk about?" Kurt wondered aloud.

"Yeah! There's a party tonight and we should totally go together! You'd be my plus one!"

Kurt stopped cold. What Chandler was asking was a tough question. Of course he didn't want to go to some party with someone that wasn't his boyfriend. On top of that, plus one is very suggestive. Still, Blaine hadn't really been acting like a boyfriend.

He wished he knew what was up. Why he was always late, why he didn't want to watch movies together anymore, why he practically avoided Kurt at school! He had a million questions he really didn't feel like waiting on.

In the moment, he whispered "yes."

He hadn't realized he said it out loud. Chandler put his hand on Kurt's, and Kurt instantly pulled away. This was cheating. This was definitely cheating. He then put his hand back, only letting his fingertips touch Chandler's.

**********

Blaine was waiting when Kurt got back.

"Where'd you go...?" He asked.

"Nowhere." Kurt replied, flatly. "I was just wondering if we could talk...?"

Blaine sort of had a mini heart attack then. He was worried Kurt would pick up on his change in emotion.

"You've been distant." Kurt began. "I just wanted to know why that is..."

"I haven't been distant! You didn't talk to me the whole dinner today!"

He hadn't yelled it, but Kurt was shocked by Blaine's words. He was defensive. But of what?

"Did something happen?" Kurt tried again.

That was all it took for Blaine to crack. He crossed his arms, trying to be in control of himself. Instead, he started stuttering which eventually led to crying.

"Nothing happened! S-stop asking me what wrong! W-what's wrong with you? You wouldn't wanna answer either!"

"Blaine...?"

"My dad..." Blaine confessed, looking down. "God, I'm such a baby."

He was embarrassed by his inability to control his emotions.

"Hey... no you aren't. What happened with your dad?"

Blaine reluctantly sat down, and Kurt followed.

"Nothing specifically... but he just never really accepted me for who I am. I'll talk about a pride festival or a date you and I went on... a-and I can just tell by the way he speaks... he doesn't think it's right."

"Blaine, it doesn't matter what he thinks. We know this is right. That's all."

"I know..." Blaine sighed. "It just kinda hurts to know your dad thinks you're a freak..."

He allowed Kurt to pull him into a hug, content with how the conversation went.

"So... can we finally watch a movie?" Kurt asked, unsure of Blaine's reaction.

"Yes! But can we make it Hamilton or Annie? Something from Broadway...?"

"Of course!"

**********

Once Blaine fell asleep, Kurt was struggling to keep his eyes open as well. That is, until he remembered what he had agreed to. He pulled out his phone, looked back at Blaine, and began typing.

Kurt: On second thought, I can't go tonight. I have a boyfriend.

                                     🧢
So... did I do it right? 😅