8

There wasn't much we could say about this unsub except he has something seriously wrong with him, to take little girls, defenceless girls, and abuse them like that, and follow up by killing them. Just thinking about it makes me sick.

  The local detective we were working with came in too meet the rest of us as we didn't get an introduction. Detective Owen Parker, he went round the group shaking our hands. I couldn't get the feeling he held my hand a little longer than was necessary, and his eyes lingered over me as he shook.

  I got very uncomfortable, slowly slipping my hand out and turning back to the board. Derek looked at me concerned, in which I drew my attention to something else, anything but him.

  We were on a call with Garcia trying to narrow down our search, Hotch said that the unsub wouldn't have a very good job, just something small. We knew he was a male as the DNA was left. His vehicle may have been a work vehicle but maybe not.

  We all agreed that he has had a stressor, something involving a young girl, a child maybe. We knew this as all sex offenders in the area were all for soliciting prostitutes etc, nothing involving children.

  Garcia had a list of about 7 names, but our judgement was getting cloudy due to how late it was. Mine especially cloudy as I'd just received a text from Amy.
Lizzy, I miss him, I don't know if I can deal with tomorrow without you x
I could feel the tears threatening to fall down my face. But, I sucked them in and put on a brave face for now.

  That's when Detective Parker stopped me, he offered me a ride back to the hotel which I declined knowing the whole team was going there anyway and we would be driving the SUV's. I sat in the back with Reid, JJ and Morgan in front. JJ was driving as she wouldn't let Morgan.

  I huddled up in the back, leaning into Spencer, his arm wrapped protectively around my shoulder. He is the only member of the team other than Hotch as it was in my file, that knows I had a brother. Emphasis on had.

  Caleb was the person who kept me grounded, he told me when I should trust a guy and when I shouldn't, and he was always there when I needed him. I had a feeling he was using, but I didn't want to pry, and then all of a sudden he was gone. My parents tried to tell me and Amy it was an aneurism but I could see through their lies.

  I kept looking down at my phone messaging my sister. Trying to calm her down, telling her I would face time tomorrow.

  When we arrived at the hotel, I said goodnight and went to my room, which was between Spencer and Derek's, I had a quick shower and went to bed.

  I woke about 3am, crying, all I could thing about was Caleb. I tried to think of something else but couldn't, so threw on an oversized jumper and headed to Spencer's room, lightly knocking on his door.

  It was clear he hadn't heard me when Hotch who had the room opposite and Derek came out, thinking it was their door that had been knocked on. "Liz, you okay?" Asked Hotch,
"Yeah, just can't sleep" he gave me a sympathetic look knowing why. Derek looked confused as Hotch and I communicated without words. I knocked again a little louder, eventually Spencer came to the door. "Why did no one tell me we were having a party" he then looked down at me, his smile fading slowly. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his room sharing a knowing glance with Hotch and a smile with Morgan.

I tried... I have like 3 tests in the next couple weeks 2 of which are really important so am getting slower but I'm trying.
Iona Xx