Chapter 7

Leon, Angela and Claire came up to us and looked at all the chaos.

- What happened? - Kennedy asked, approaching the Wilpharma chief researcher.

- The trucks carrying the vaccines... - He answered still in shock.

- How much vaccine is left? - He questioned straight to the point.

The two women and I approached them.

- Everything we brought today was all we were able to scrape together from vaccine samples inside the company. - Frederick explained. - And most of that has just been lost.

- Where's the manufacturing data?

- You think they're after the data too? Downing asked.

- Could it be? - The senator interrupted. - Why don't you tell us what their demands are already?

Kennedy was silent.

- If you don't wanna talk, I'll just go directly to the President. - The politician threatened and the agent was seen with the sword in the neck against the wall.

- The truth. - He spoke.

- Truth? - Davis asked confused.

- They demand the truth. The viral weapon fron which Umbrella Corporation's T-virus was derived. They wanna reveal everyone from the U.S. government who was involved in this manufactured. - The blonde commented.

I kept thinking ... That means what happened in Raccoon City was caused by the government. What Leon is revealing may cost him his head.

- Was the government really involved? - Angela asked.

- All the proof went up in smoke along with Raccoon City. - Kennedy explained.

- Wait a minute, the truth didn't disappear, there never was any to begin with. - The senator spoke a little altered.

I could see the ash-haired one lowered his gaze, covering part of his face with one hand. I realized the senator was contradicting himself as they argued. It was certainly true what the blond agent had said.

- If they don't get that information, what will happen? - Claire interrupted.

- They'll disperse the T virus in every populated area of U.S. The deadline is midnight. - Leon answered.

- That's only four hours from now. - Angela informed.

- And there's no vaccine left. - The politician added.

- Can we find out who the terrorists are? - The chief researcher questioned.

- I have a clue as to the identity of one of them. - The redhead answered.

We all looked at her carefully.

- Right after the first infected victims appeared in the airport terminal, I noticed a man in the lobby. His name is Curtis Miller. - She explained.

- I know him, he's one of those bleeding hearts protesting the construction of the new research facility. - Senator Davis declared.

- If the terrorists demands are the release of information on what really happened in Raccoon City, then he might...

- It can't be. - Angela interrupted Claire and we looked at her strangely.

She was very worried.

- Curtis Miller is ... my older brother. - She spoke. - My brother wouldn't do something like this.

- He was arrested for threatening Wilpharma. - The senator argued.

- He just demanded that information be made public. - The agent defended him.